Like the S&S Intelligent Spark Technology (IST®) ignition, the S&S Super Stock ignition system features a break-in rev limit function. The break-in rev limit protects a new engine from damage with a fairly low initial rev limit. As the new engine accumulates running time, the rev limit is gradually increased. After 24 hours of operation the rev limit reaches the maximum of 6300 rpm. All Super Stock ignitions sold with S&S complete engines have the break-in rev limiter enabled. That is why we now give an extra year of warranty on most engines when sold with the Super Stock ignition system. Super Stock ignition units not sold as part of a complete S&S engine are shipped with break-in rev limit turned off. Authorized S&S dealers will be able to turn the break-in rev limiter on if desired, using the Super Stock Diagnostic Cable and software.
S&S SUPER STOCK IGNITION FEATURES:
- Single fire operation — requires a single fire coil for single spark plug applications
- Dual plugged applications require a pair of two tower coils or a single four tower coil
- Minimum 3.0Ω primary resistance
- Overload and short circuit protected
- VOES switches to less aggressive curve under load or hard acceleration
- 6300 rpm rev limiter
- 24 hour break in rev limiter — prevents damage during break-in
- Data logging diagnostic capabilities
- All modules can be set to kick start or electric start mode.
Fits 1984–'99 Harley-Davidson® big twin models with 124" V-Series engines. S&S Super Stock ignition systems are available in complete ignition kits and as replacement modules. S&S single fire ignition coils are available separately.
NOTE – Only modules and kits with the above part numbers have the updated features. S&S Super Stock ignition systems are available in complete ignition kits
and as replacement modules. S&S single fire ignition coils are available
Keep in mind that the curves are preset for a specific S&S engine, and that
modules intended for one engine may not yield optimum results when used
on another configuration.
Not legal for sale or use on CA or EPA pollution controlled motorcycles.