This 96 cubic inch V96R engine may be legally used to replace a stock 80" HD Evolution engine in 1984-'98 Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It is not intended for use in building "new build" custom motorcycles. V96R FEATURES AND BENEFITS • Nearly stock height engine makes installation easy • 3-5/8" bore X 4-5/8" stroke • 96 cubic inches at 10:1 compression • S&S Super E carburetor with Classic Teardrop air cleaner • S&S forged roller rocker arms • Chrome gearcover, tappet covers, and rocker covers • No certification problems – documentation and compliance stickers included • Carb EO D-355-5 • Natural Aluminum finish
• A stock non-catalyst exhaust system must be used.
• The stock evaporative system must be retained and connected to the engine as shown in the manual.
• S&S® replacement engines are only for use as a replacement engine in 1984-’98 Harley-Davidson motorcycles originally equipped with a carbureted, non-catalyst,
big twin Evolution® engine. They may not be used in any new or previously registered custom motorcycles.
• *Engine rpm divided by miles per hour in top gear.
• This replacement engine is only legal when used to replace a stock 80" Evolution® engine. CARB compliance stickers must be affixed to frame.