In the fall of 2007, S&S introduced an engine with a retro look, but with updated technology. The panhead engine has been hailed as the coolest looking classic engine of all time, and the P-Series engines from S&S capture that retro styling from the 50's and 60's, but with 21st century engineering. Keep in mind that as cool as these engines look, they are not reproductions. These engines were built to run!
The S&S P74 features:
- Designed for stock or custom 1948-1964 Harley-Davidson® generator style chassis
- Super E carburetor
- Heads are a new design based on S&S heads for shovels
- Uses S&S roller rockers for shovel engines 1.500 ratio
- Uses readily available S&S cylinders for shovels
- S&S hydraulic valve train
- S&S Super Stock ignition and billet timer
- S&S 513 Camshaft
- S&S Cast Pistons
- 7.5:1 Compression
- Two Year Warranty
- 1948-1953 applications require 1954-1964 inner tin primary cover
1955-’64 style engines may be installed in 1948-’54 chassis if 1955-’64 inner primary tin cover is used. Not legal for sale or use on CA or EPA pollution controlled vehicles 1978 and later.