Alternator/generator style KN-Series engines are very close in appearance to a stock knucklehead engine, but offer a number of modern features for more power, better engine life, and improved reliability.
Aside from the much larger 93 inch displacement, the main improvement in design is the 1958-1965 style flywheel assembly, which uses a splined sprocket shaft and Timken® sprocket shaft bearing, this necessitates the use of a 1955-1964 style inner tin primary cover and primary chain sprocket. S&S Vintage rocker arm cover tins are another modern improvement.
The KN93 is a standard compression 93 engine and is available with authentic generator style crankcases for early style chassis, primary and transmissions, and with alternator/generator style cases for use with 1970 and later primary covers and late style transmissions.
Features and benefits include:
- Natural crankcases and black powder coated cylinders and heads
- S&S Super E carburetor
- S&S valve train – solid lifters
- S&S Super Stock single fire ignition system and polished billet timer
- Alternator and alternator/generator models have correct sprocket length sprocket shaft for 1970-Up primary and transmission
- Alternator/generator engines include oil filter mount for generator location
- One year warranty
- Fits 1970-1999 Harley-Davidson® custom chassis
- Alternator/generator cases have 1948-1999 style front motor mount
- Will not fit stock knuckle frames
- Comes completely assembled and ready to run.
Alternator/generator cases have 1948-’99 style front motor mount. Will not fit stock knuckle frames.
Generator style engines have stock motor mounts for 1936-’47 style frames, but can be used in 1948-’99 style frames with front motor mount spacer, part #31-2017
(included). Alternator/generator cases require a transmission with 1970-up length mainshaft, and custom exhaust pipes must be fabricated.