Put the first miles on the Little Mistress....2.3 miles to be exact. Just prior to, I put the 25 tooth engine sprocket back on, which required a 84 link primary. After adjusting that up, the rear chain was a little loose, but I was too excited and took it out without a rear chain adjust, and the rear chain flopped around a little more than I expected or liked.
Timing was still a bit too advanced, so getting into third gear resulted in a bit of PING. So, I just eased it around the two mile loop, and called it good.
Other than that, no problems, no oil leaks, sounded and felt great, felt like a comfortable ride.
I sure am rusty on the foot clutch...stalled it on a U-turn because I didn't put her in neutral, and coast through the turn.
The gears feel quite tall for sure, but she's so light that it doesn't bog or anything like that in first gear.....but you can tell she has long legs and I did most of the two miles in second quite comfortably.
So, I'm quite stoked. While I had the primary chain off I cleaned off the clutch hub bearings real well. I installed those long bearings previously, and discovered they don't like heavy grease, so I re-greased with some light Teflon lube. I also put two extra plates in, one steel, one friction, and wow oh wow did I get this clutch right. Eases into first gear nice as you please, nice and easy. Also shifted from gear to gear just fine, considering I was rusty on the jockey shifting too. Clutch engagement was slicker than sour owl snot.
Hopefully Wednesday will bring nice dry roads, and ride #2 will be longer than two point two miles. YEAH!!!!!!!
Now to do battle with the Department of Licensing. oh boy.