FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

45 Frame Headstock Forgings

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

MarkBranst

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm

45 Frame Headstock Forgings

Hi Folks,

Recently, someone was looking for replacement frame fork headstock forgings for a 45 ... I don't know if these are still in stock, but a shop in Holland is offering "forged" and "machined" replacement 45 headstocks for what appears to be a pretty reasonable price.

http://tinyurl.com/q7jnswt

Cheers,

Mark
<<

45Brit

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:26 am

Re: 45 Frame Headstock Forgings

that would be me, or more correctly that would be an answer posted in a recent thread.

I do know that supplier but frankly, the uncut front section was pretty much the only part of that frame worth keeping, in the end. If I'd known how much work would be involved I would have turned down the original bike and bought a repop frame, or just never started the project.

45 frames are a devil of a thing compared to Big Twin ones, because of the curved top tubes and the forging at the lower rear.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

RUBONE

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Mark,
I believe the fellow you are referring to has since received the part and repaired his frame and is moving forward on his project.
<<

MarkBranst

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Rubone,

Thanks ... My note was more of an FYI. There seems to have been a shortage of replacement 45 headstocks to repair chopped original frames in the past. I checked first with Kurt at Flatland Cycles, who hadn't had a supplier in 6-8 years, and then I went to our Aussie framebuilder ... who does all the big twin frames ... and he mentioned that he thought they were available in Europe, so I did a little digging. Just a lead for anybody that might need one.

Thanks,

Mark

Return to 45 Flatties