FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Polaris Indians

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

45Brit

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 am

Polaris Indians

just been reading various things on the interweb about the new Polaris machines.

They certainly look interesting and I do like the styling of the engine. I'm less enamoured of the styling of the bike overall, the ergonomics look "wrong" to me - the whole modern "low seat, high footboards, pullback handlebars" proportions seems somehow not right, along with the ever-longer wheelbases; perhaps it's just me?

I'd have liked to see a modern Scout. I know someone who has a Kawasaki Drifter, the 800cc one, and apart from some slightly "blobby" styling it is a tidy bike and very good to ride. Still, there it is.

I'd ignored the various S&S powered machines on the basis that they really weren't Indians in any meaningful sense of the term. However, these new bikes aren't AM Harley clones with minor styling changes; they aren't Matchlesses or Royal Enfields, either.

What do people think?
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:42 am

Re: Polaris Indians

I've just seen a very cheesy film on YouTube with the new engine in a streamlined shell and much okay of the "spirit of Munro". Sorry, no. Burt Munro was above all a racer, get out there and race or don't mention it. Especially since I greatly doubt any money has changed hands for the use of the name?
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Shoot The Bull