FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KHR. Good numbers?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

thefrenchowl

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 am

Re: KHR. Good numbers?

Hi, Even your links go to smaller images... try again until you succeed...

Anyway

This indeed looks very much deffo like std kh cyl moded to look like KR type spigot... Real KR spigots are longer...

As for "people who should know that told me so", well, that's not proof... I'll check the race part books to see what it says about KHR cylinders...

Since that KHR is actually only an engine in much later suit, at least make sure it is what it claims to be...

Patrick
<<

GuS

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 am

Trying and trying. Seem to be working now:

Press the pictures and it will take you to a larger images

Patrick. Is there a difference in KHR and KR crancases exept needed add relieving for the rods and flywheel scrapers?

GuS
<<

suicideshovel65

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 am

Patrick yes those spigots do look shorter, don't they. Perhaps tghook could chime in - he recently acquired a KHRTT and described the cylinders as ending in -54.

A few years ago I had a KHR left side case and seem to recall it having the same casting numbers as a KR - will try and dig up a photo.
<<

GuS

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:52 am

Update!

Again thanks to all for the helpful input. Knowing what I could deduct of the mix of parts, I decided to give it a go and came to an agreement with the seller.
Finally after months in shipping I could pick it up.
I haven’t had much time to look at it, but I pulled of the primary cover. The left crank case got casting no 24534 54R, it got the oil slinger as described by Beachdog. The boss on top of the primary is not left untouched as described by tghook. It is drilled and threaded.
Come winter I will have time to start pulling the motor apart to make sure I can assemble it knowing all set up is as it should. Plan is to have it for the track/road.
I’ll keep you posted.
GuS
Previous

Return to K-Models