, I am pleased with the way it turned out. It was built quite a number of years ago now before S&S hosted this forum. There was quite a lot of info posted into the original forum (as I built the engine) but I don't know if an archive still exists? As I said, I have countless pictures of its construction archived someone at home... in a box!
I believe George G. (in Germany at the time and still posting to this forum I've noticed, copied many files). Like all things 'individual' there were false paths and changes along the construction route as I found better or easier solutions.
Celticdodge, it's been many years since I completed the magnum so I can't recall 'off the top of my head' but I'll endeavour to find the files. From recollection the drive side of the case was machined to take a ball race bearing (it fitted snuggly on the sprocket shaft). A second bearing went up against this and protruded slightly out of the case. I machined a retaining plate (with a bearing recess) that located the outer bearing. This was held in place by countersunk hex head bolts around its periphery to the sprocket shaft case boss. This left approx 1/2" of the sprocket shaft protruding to take the drive.
I tried to keep the reciprocating weights on the crankshaft down for obvious reasons. ~ Vince