Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Head light

Head light

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Can any-one shed some (light) in regards the pressed in logo on the back of a Cycleray head light by guide. I want to know if the one I have in original or not.
Has any-one get any pictures to see the difference in logo style.
Thanks Keith

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:45 pm

The word "Guide" in the middle of the logo. repop lights have block letter, and the originals had script. Is this correct???

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:05 pm

The word "Guide" in the middle of the logo. repop lights have block letter, and the originals had script. Is this correct???

No it is not! Original light s came in both script and block versions. They also came in stamped brass and steel as well as four known variations of grounding. Pictures of what you have will help identify it.
Robbie

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 am

Here's some pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 am

Here's some more pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 am

Ans some more pics. Thanks for your reply/help. Keith

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 am

Any advise out there, in regards my question. I'd appreciate it. Thanks keith

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 am

Keith wrote:

No........

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 am

After considerable research, IMHO, original had script, not block! What I did find, is the circular logo, containing "guide" in script, is that the stamping isn't necessarly orientated the same, out of the 360 degree options. The head light mounted verticle, as designed, the stamped logo could very well be at 6 oclock, or 12, or 10 oclock, or across at 4.40 Random!! Hmmm
Thanks Keith :(

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 pm

My company makes the repro lights with stamping. The stamp shown on the pictures is not like ours, so very possibly original, unless there is a competitor that makes a scripted repro (or made). To my knowledge both stamps are used originally, but script letters are more "trusted" to be original due to enormous amounts of blockletters reproductions out there. Obviously if only scripted was used we would have made a scripted stamp to stamp the logo in 8)

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 pm

My opinion is that it is a WLA headlamp. Steel bucket with painted rim and screw ground.

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:51 pm

My "NOS" olive drab lamps have "script".

For what that's worth....

....Cotten

Return to General Whatever-Technical