FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FHP forum UPGRADES. Please read.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Admin

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:51 am

FHP forum UPGRADES. Please read.

Hello everybody,

This is Justin, the Web Manager for S&S Cycle. You've probably noticed something different on the forum. Here's the story: Lately, S&S and FHP had moved our sites to a new Cloud server. All the latest and the greatest and faster speeds, hurray! BUT, some of our older technology didn't like that too much and we had some losses. It was to be expected. This forum was one of them, as you may have noticed if you tried the "log me in automatically" checkbox or tried to upload images. In short, this forum was out-dated. So we brought it up to date. Installing multiple updates had resolved all the issues we saw after moving the sites. The upgrade also gave us greater security and smarter functions. Everything should be familiar as this is still the same forum, just newer.

NEW THEMES:
Another change that's too obvious to miss is the new look / theme. I personally really like this darker theme BUT I realize not everyone out there likes to read white text on a dark background. It can bother some people's eyes. So we have a second option for you to select. HERE'S HOW: To select a black text on white background theme, first log in and click on "user control panel" at the top (middle). Once inside, click on the "Board preferences" tab. Then to the right, look for the dropdown for "My board style". The default theme is "S&S Cycle Black" but if you want to use the other theme, select "S&S Cycle Blue" and hit "submit". Now you have the other new theme.

I hope you enjoy the updates to the forum. We've had a lot of dedicated users join this board and we wanted to make sure that we support this community as we move forward with new technology. If you have any questions, please feel free to post below. Thank you and have a great day!

-Justin Lorraine
<<

scaryguy

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 am

Re: FHP forum UPGRADES. Please read.

Personally, I really like the changes.
<<

George Greer

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Me too
<<

MarkBranst

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Justin,

Thanks greatly for allowing the color option ... I know it's just a personal thing, but the blue screen is FAR preferred!

Mark
<<

budlymoore

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I am new to this and am having trouble finding a way to ask a question. Where to click or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Each page is well defined with links to click on. Reply link, Edit link, picture link, etc.. Just look around and try the links out. You will get the hang of it. Pa

Return to Talk To Us