FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems staying logged in? (after forum update)

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: Problems staying logged in? (after forum update)

I'm using IE and the forum works perfectly for me. I am very vigilant with my cookie cleaning and software washing though. I keep my pc registration files all straightened out as well. Registration files can be very productive when in order but when they are not in order, they can be very destructive. Justin is much more pc savy than I am for sure but I use my bike mechanical knowledge and skills to maintance my pc as if it were an engine or a tranny. My virus software is always up to date. My operating system is up to date all the time as well. I scan my pc often and I delete all cookies after every browsing session. Since I use Mr. Gates software, I scan my pc for errors and I defrag even when Mr. Gates software says I do not need to. I dump my prefetch files periodically to boot. I would like to think my vigilance has kept my pc from crashing many a times while others have went down horribly. I do not often have issues but when I do, they are usually an easy fix. I cannot do anything about other website servers slower pace but I can keep mine running pretty well. Now to keep me fingers crossed !! LOL
<<

Admin

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 am

test image upload through chrome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Admin

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am

Dusty-Dave wrote:Installed Chrome tried to post a picture and it logs me out every time. So far it has only logged me out once to get this posted.
Dusty

Dave, when you installed Chrome, did you import your settings from your previous browser? If so, that would carry over the same issue. This also could be your antivirus software. I would try disabling it.
<<

Admin

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 am

Dusty-Dave wrote:Installed Chrome tried to post a picture and it logs me out every time. So far it has only logged me out once to get this posted.
Dusty

I may have a suspect on these few left over instances where people can't stay logged in. Dusy-Dave, and anybody else that is still having the issue, could you please let me know if you are getting to this forum by:

A) www.flatheadpower.com/tech

or

B) www.sscycle.com/tech

I suspect that people using our stealth forwarding domain of flatheadpower.com are having the issue because stealth forwarding seems to invalidate the site's cookies. Could I get a roll call on who's using what domain if you are having issues? If you were using that domain, could you please try www.sscycle.com/tech and let me know the result?

Thank you all for your patience with this. It's almost there.
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks Justin ! I loaded Chrome. Now all is well in Knuckleville ! ( Nekoosa, Wi. )
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 am

It has days that it works great and days that I have to login all the time.
index.php
Dusty
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 am

"http://www.sscycle.com/tech/index.php?sid=da360ab16a9f1e5543c2095bd6ec016f"
Quotes seem to make it display right.
Dusty
<<

Admin

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 am

Dusty-Dave wrote:It has days that it works great and days that I have to login all the time.
index.php
Dusty

Update: I have made another change that HOPEFULLY fixes the rest of the straggling issues. I changed the forum's cookie name. It's now called "fhpforum_ssc" instead of the old "phpbb3_3e73d" (and variants). I went back and forth over email with a member yesterday who couldn't stay logged in and we tested out a few things and after him not having luck again and again, I changed the forum's cookie and his problems were resolved. Fingers crossed that this is the last piece to the puzzle for those few people.
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:47 am

This is the most times it has let me post without re-logging in! So maybe! I will let you know in a few days if it's still fixed.
Thanks
Dusty
<<

Admin

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:53 am

Dusty-Dave wrote:This is the most times it has let me post without re-logging in! So maybe! I will let you know in a few days if it's still fixed.
Thanks
Dusty

I'd still advise everybody who had issues to still go in an clear out all those "phpbb3_" cookies associated with sscycle & flatheadpower from their browsers.
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 pm

It's way better but not fixed. I checked and don't have any of the cookies mentioned. It will auto login for two to four days then I have to re login. Generally I can change screens 6 or 7 times before I have to re-login today I made 11 before it kicked me off.
Dusty
It even let me edit this time!
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 am

Still hit or miss. This morning I had to log in every two screens. Tonight it made 12 screens until I tried to post this then it caught me. Could my internet connection through Wild Blue satellite be part of the problem.
Dusty
Previous

Return to Talk To Us