FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

George Smith Panheads

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Panheadgreg

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:08 pm

George Smith Panheads

I recently scored a project bike with two 1948 HD Cylinder Heads modified to fit a knuckle lower on knuckle cylinders.
The heads are very unique and each have a modified intake manifold to accomodate a linkert carb. They currently have MR-4s mounted on each head. My question is this: The heads are so nice, they almost look as if they were cast that way, complete with cooling fins. The color and patina of the aluminum is dead on match for the heads. I think these may be George Smith heads, but how can I verify?
<<

panacea

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: George Smith Panheads

Do you have any pics? I saw a similar set at the Viking Chapter meet last Friday, on a red bike with a chrome springer, 46 bottom. They almost looked like they came from the factory that way. Were you there?...Mike(the guy with the 64)...
<<

Panheadgreg

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Ha! I bought that bike.. It was in my swap meet area. I have pics up on AMCA FB page. My hope was to get someone here to corroborate what I am almost positive of . The bike was owned for 30 years by a guy who lived 20 miles from S and S. The pedigree on the engine is verifiable. AMA HOFamers John Tibben and Babe DeMay both worked on this engine. How in the heck can I post a pic here? All my pic files are too big..
<<

panacea

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Small world, So do you have enough parts to complete the build? Looks like it could be a fun bike. Did you buy it from Elmer? Look below the post reply area for "upload attachment", have the pic ready to upload beforehand someplace where you can find it (I use desktop) ...Mike
<<

Panheadgreg

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, been boothing with Elm for over 20 years.. Davenport too. As far as parts go, no, I don't have everything I need.
First thing is identifying what I do have. The rest will be easy, but I want to identify those heads! Its telling me that the pic file is too large over 256 KB. Do you have a Facebook account, Panacea?
You can see pics on there, but since you have already seen it ..
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:26 pm

How in the heck can I post a pic here? All my pic files are too big.

Go to http://www.photobucket.com and open a free account. Upload your photos there then cut and paste the IMG Code for the picture you want to display here. No resizing necessary.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 am

Chris Haynes wrote:How in the heck can I post a pic here? All my pic files are too big.

Go to http://www.photobucket.com and open a free account. Upload your photos there then cut and paste the IMG Code for the picture you want to display here. No resizing necessary.

The forum software is being updated Chris.
<<

panacea

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Hey Greg! are you still around? I'm curious about your location, Minneapolis?...Mike

Return to Pans