FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Knuckle Shuffle

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Knuckle Shuffle

S&S is sponsoring the 2nd Knuckle Shuffle at Yuba, Wisconsin on June 2nd. Proceeds from this event will help to support Kevin "Teach" Baas' Kennedy High Chopper Class. Jeremy Rodeo Gilbert( an S&S guy) is doing the organizing. An Anders Nygren limited edition ( 1 of 25 ) signature series KN 93 Knucklehead engines will be raffled off. Tickets are available at the event or thru the Knuckle Shuffle site : http://www.theknuckleshuffle.com/ Yuba is a little town with a big heart. The Full Throttle Saloon will be a center for activity. They are so in tune that rumor has it that they will even have Point Special Beer on hand ! There will be live music, rough camping and the opportunity to purchase a custom Knucklehead ( 10 % of sale proceeds going to the Kennedy High Chopper Class ). This is going to be a great time. Join us there !
Last edited by john k. endrizzi on Thu May 24, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Re: Knuckle Shuffle

Sorry I was unable to email you on showing up there John. I just completed my schedule of family activities and they leave me no room to make it this time around. I got one graduating college and one graduating high school which has me booked around those events and their surrounding activities. Got one marrying as well. Whew !!!!
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Family is ALWAYS first Pa ! Perhaps another time.
John
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:01 am

I'm sad to announce that I will not have that For Sale Knucklehead at the Knuckle Shuffle. Some electrical problems that I haven't had a chance to deal with will keep it in the barn. Less than 24 hours remain before this great vintage motorcycle event takes place. I wish to thank Jeremy Gilbert for all the work he has done to organize the event. Jeremy is employed by S&S. Eric Wangen (FHP-Eric) is the FHP Product Line Manager. I would be remiss if I didn't give him the credit that is due him for all the work he has done in putting the Flathead Power products on the market. The Anders Nygren signature series KN motors are a big feather for Eric's hat. I'm looking forward to raising a refreshment with everyone tomorrow. Please ride safely !
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 am

Take the camera with ya Bro !!!!
<<

Early Iron Motorcycles

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 am

Hi John, My son Jake and me and the wife we be there on Sat. afternoon some time, I wont have my Knuckle there as it's still a long ways from being finished, but we'll have a couple of choppers there and maybe i'll bring the '27 super X if I can get running tonight. Hopefully we'll see you there.
Mark.
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Cool Mark,
I'm not sure that I'll recognize you. I believe we met at one of the Al Muth Parties back in the 80's. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing you. We are leaving Wis Rapids at noon. See you tomorrow afternoon.
John
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 am

The Knuckle Shuffle was a great event. Thanks Jeremy Gilbert , S&S ( FHP ) and the town of Yuba ! Here are a few images:
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks for the pics John ! I wish I could have made it this year.:( On another note Bro...if you load the pics via the forum software, they can be clicked on to enlarge them.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 pm

John,
I see some pics of 59AB flathead stuff. What are ya doin' with that?
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 am

Actually Chris it's an 52 motor ( EAB ) in a '29 Tudor. Intent is to build it in a somewhat traditional style.
<<

FHP-Eric

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 am

Thanks for the plug John! I was working the FHP booth in Anamosa for the National Motorcycle Museum's Vintage Rally, so i wasn't able to attend the shuffle. From the pictures and the comments i've heard around S&S, the event sounded like a great success. Maybe i can convince Jeremy to hold the Shuffle the weeke before or the week after the Museum's event next year.
Eric
Flathead Power
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 pm

john k. endrizzi wrote:Actually Chris it's an 52 motor ( EAB ) in a '29 Tudor. Intent is to build it in a somewhat traditional style.

I love flatties. But I hate to see a good A cut up. I am puting a Charlie Yapp Riley OHV conversion on my 1930 to keep it a four banger and make it go. :D I also have a 1941 Fordor with a stroked and poked flattie in it.
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:02 am

The 41 is my very favorite Ford bodystyle. There was a supposed Barris customized 41 coupe that appeared in my town in the early 60's. It had a radical chop. I drooled for that car all thru my highschool years. The car is still in the area, but has been hacked up to the point that it isn't worth bothering with. I have done no hacking on my '29 and don't plan any ! The body has original paint and I expect to leave it that way for the time being. At this point I don't know anything about the condition of the motor. If it turns out that I need to get into it, I'll spring for a Scat stroker crank and a rumpy cam.
I don't know much about the pre V8 ohv conversion stuff. Tell me more about Charlie Yapp and lets see an image of your cars. ( apologies for takeing this thread astray ).
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:24 pm

You can find all about Charlie and his Scalded Dog Speed Equipment on his web site.
http://www.secretsofspeed.com/YAPPINC.htm
There are lots of guys making Ford Four Banger Speed Stuff. OHV and OHC heads. Fuel injection, modern ignitions, ETC.
Terry Burtz in Campbell, CA is bringing a new Model A Ford long block to market.
http://www.modelaengine.com/
Cast is green sand as Henry did to keep them looking original on the outside the inside is completely new design. Five main bearings, Counterbalanced crank, H beam rods, Full pressure oiling, It uses small block Chevy rod and main bearings. All American made. Cast at Lodi Iron Works in Lodi, CA.
http://www.lodiiron.com/aboutus.html

Return to Knuckles