Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Motorcycle Trivia Shovelhead W-3 cylinders

Shovelhead W-3 cylinders

Test your knowledge or someone else's with trivia questions about your favorite subject. Let's be realistic with the questions so everyone has a chance at answering them.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:33 am

Anyone have info & /or pics to the custom built 3 cylinder Shovelhead built long time ago ??

Looks like the 'Late' Jim Feuling 3 cylinder motor, the W-3, but is a shovel..

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:43 am

There was one is Easyriders long long ago. But it was photo imagery.

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Maybe that one was. But there was one built & running..

So.....Beeep !!!!! Wrong answer..

Post Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 am

I saw that bike at Daytona 1984. I do have a slide somewhere of it, but I doubt f I can find it in the near future. As I remember the case, it was a stock-looking Super Glide with an extra cylinder pointing forward like that on an Aermacchi 350cc. A guy was riding it along the beach. No way to tell if it was running on three cylinders or two.
Theory: Everything is perfectly right, but it does not work.
Practice: It works but you do not know how.
We combined theory and practice: Nothing works and nobody knows why!

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I saw the bike at the Cabbage Patch,I think, in Daytona in 1983 along with a one cylinder sporty from the same guy. Both rode away.I have a pic of both.I'll see if I can find it.

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

The bike`s your talking about ( The 3 cyl. Shovel head and the 1 cly. Sporty) were built by the late Bob LaBree from Concord, N.H. What a machinist ,mechanic, and nice guy he was.

Return to Motorcycle Trivia