Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull HDC Old Timers, Holland

HDC Old Timers, Holland

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Been intending to do this pre-65 rally for years; unfortunately every year I either had a 45 and no spare cash or vice versa.

This year I bit the bullet, and, accompanied by my wife on her 883 Evo Hugger, did the trip.

I clocked up exactly 1,000 miles in seven days of riding, without the 45 missing a beat; lost the (non-standard) jiffy stand spring about 100 miles into the outward journey, but found a NOS one from one of the guys at the rally so I guess the bike came back more original than it left! :D

Loads of pics; the 1916 Excelsior was also ridden from the UK, though not as far as my 45. Same guy has a raft of other nice stuff including a Henderson and a 1904 Smith.

Also found an ultra-cool doorbell on Antwerp market.

Slideshow here; enjoy! :)
72 Ironhead, goes better than it stops!

2005 XL1200R.... well ya gotta have a rat-bike!

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:22 am
Pa Site Admin

Thanks !! I enjoyed it ! Looks to have been a great time. Nice bikes...nice tour. :D

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:31 am

8) 8)

Return to Shoot The Bull