Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Work with Repops

Work with Repops

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi !
actually workin'on my next XWL . this will be a civilian scoot from 1941 .
( i have in mind maybe a police scoot from Petaluma City ( ya know : CHICK-a-luma :-)
not doin'great things coz for the moment : it's summer and i just want to sleep / ride / play music and sometimes spendin'time in my dirty workshop .

Just a pic showing even with low-cost repops : ya add an extra-job and you can obtain fine parts .

remember the ugly "one-piece" aftermarket front fender ?
i always HATED how FAT this fender is on the front , givin a bad impression of big/heavy on the front .
this is the kind of détail i see at thousand miles from the scoot . YUCK !
the originals never been like this .
they are thin and light .

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Pa Site Admin

Fran-6....are you saying the lower pic is a fender you made verses the upper pic repop fender ? I can definately see the difference in the two but I am uncertain which is which ?

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 am

the upper one is the "common" repop everybody can buy .

the lower one is the same , but with the skirts cutted , then re-welded at the better place :D .
( it has becomed a "three-parts" fender )
IMHO : it has now becomed more close to an original one than before
and i know by advance that once installed on the scoot , the front end will give the "light and clean" look , like original front fenders . ( with more clearance between the tire and the fender at the front )

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 am
Pa Site Admin

Ah Ha !! I picked the two fenders right ! :D I cannot see the welds though. Lower fender certainly looks much cleaner than the factory repop. I like the lifted skirt as well.

Return to General Whatever-Technical