FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anders Nygren FHP Founder Visits S&S

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Anders Nygren FHP Founder Visits S&S

I am very pleased to see Mr. Anders Nygren in the states again. This time he made a visit to S&S. Please click on the pasted link to see first hand, an interview between Mr Anders Nygren and S&S.
This comment is dedicated to Anders directly....Thank you Anders for all you have done with with keeping Old Flatheads alive and running ! Thank you for bringing birth to Flathead Power !! Thank you for your work with Knucklheads as well !!! Thank you for the creation of this great forum !! Thank you for keeping me inline when you were at the helm !! :wink: Last but not least....Thank you for setting the record straight with the events surrounding the history and present state of a product line you personally brought forth !!!!! You Sir....will always have my hand shake and the tipping of my hat !!!!

With the deepest due respect, Pa

Click here folks for a real video treat !
http://info.sscycle.com/bid/59565/Ander ... -S-S-Cycle
<<

MarkBranst

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Anders Nygren FHP Founder Visits S&S

Pa,

Well and thoroughly said.

Mark
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 am

I had a great time with my very good friend Anders at this this little get together. Thanks to Eric Wangen and Bruce Tessmer for cooking this meeting up. They are very gracious hosts. I do believe that the course of events leading to the change ownership is clear to the point that rumors and misconceptions have been dispelled. Major network television could do very well with Bruce at the helm as a news anchor ! ( somehow I doubt that as Marketing Manager Bruce could be lured away to such a position ) I have had the pleasure of seeing some of the work that Eric has produced as Product Manager for the Flathead Power line. I feel that he has done a great job of continuing a legendary endeavor. Thanks again to all. Most of all, it was great to see you Anders.
<<

helsingborg

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Nice video! Very enlightening for those that care about the truth on those stories and all those different versions. It would be nice if S&S hire him. It would be a happy end for everybody. Unless he's happy in his country, of course, as moving continents is not a very simple thing to do when you have family and everything.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:15 am

If I were a company higher upper, I would solicit Anders for promoting the Flathead Power products throughout Europe and for several other ideas I have stashed in my head :wink:
<<

dalaymond

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:18 am

Great video. Good to here the story get put straight. I hope Anders the very best.

Is S&S still going to produce a set of crank cases for a big twin flathead?
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:25 pm

That I do not know. Charlie wil probably view this topic. If he doesn't....PM me so I don't forget to ask him about them.
<<

dalaymond

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 am

Pa wrote:That I do not know. Charlie wil probably view this topic. If he doesn't....PM me so I don't forget to ask him about them.

OK. Thanks, Pa.
<<

FHP-Eric

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 am

It was really great to finally meet Anders, and i thank John for helping make it possible. We needed to get the story straight, i had heard a mis-mash of all of the events all twisted up and out of order. I'm glad we could touch base with Anders and iron out the history. After nearly 5 years of working on reverse engineering knuckle and flat head engine parts, i got a new appreciation for what Anders did to create this product line and the struggles that go along with it. Oh don't get me wrong, i consider all of this work to be "the fun stuff". Being able to work on vintage motorcycle parts for a living is like getting paid for doing your favorite hobby. Well, i'll finishwith this - Be on the lookout for announcments from S&S, there is one more surprise coming in the next couple of months that i think you guys are going to really like.

I believe Pa is getting the info now, but i wanted to address the crankcase question myself. We will be doing UL cases, but we want to re-do the tooling to be able to provide authentic looking cases, this takes time and resources. In this tight economy we need to use our resources and capital on more high volume projects so sometimes i have to bite my tounge and wait my turn.

Eric
Eric
Flathead Power
<<

dalaymond

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:38 am

FHP-Eric wrote:It was really great to finally meet Anders, and i thank John for helping make it possible. We needed to get the story straight, i had heard a mis-mash of all of the events all twisted up and out of order. I'm glad we could touch base with Anders and iron out the history. After nearly 5 years of working on reverse engineering knuckle and flat head engine parts, i got a new appreciation for what Anders did to create this product line and the struggles that go along with it. Oh don't get me wrong, i consider all of this work to be "the fun stuff". Being able to work on vintage motorcycle parts for a living is like getting paid for doing your favorite hobby. Well, i'll finishwith this - Be on the lookout for announcments from S&S, there is one more surprise coming in the next couple of months that i think you guys are going to really like.
I believe Pa is getting the info now, but i wanted to address the crankcase question myself. We will be doing UL cases, but we want to re-do the tooling to be able to provide authentic looking cases, this takes time and resources. In this tight economy we need to use our resources and capital on more high volume projects so sometimes i have to bite my tounge and wait my turn.
Eric

8) 8)
<<

45Brit

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 pm

The main thing is that someone did the reverse engineering, a stage of the process which must have been pretty much impossible to justify commercially at the time.

I think, from experience over time of small engineering companies of this nature, that they may survive if they have the right combination of skills, a valid market and no real competition ( Cameron Engineering and their range of parts for racing JAP engines, or the replica Norton Manx racers produced in small numbers for the historic racing market would be a good example of this ). However I tend to feel that where there is a potential "mass market" - and "mass market" means anything capable of supporting production runs of interchangeable parts - then the situation is somewhat different.

H-Ds are probably a unique case, given that there are quite a large number of old Hogs still running around, they have a well-developed after-market and repro parts sector, a lot of more-or-less interchangeable parts, and relatively high market volume. The replica Indians or Vincents don't really fall into this sector, see the correspondence regarding Scout barrels.

So, good luck to all concerned, but I do rather suspect that the present situation or something very like it was always a likely outcome.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Big Twin Flatties