FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Questions on Stroking an Evo

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Frankenstein

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Questions on Stroking an Evo

A friend of mine has a 85 FXRT evo, and just had a blown head gasket ruin a cylinder. while it's down, he wants to build it up as a small stroker. Say, 88 inch with 4 5/8" wheels. Probably T&O torque monsters. This isn't going to be a hot all out build, I see it as basically stock, only more inches. Perhaps a mild cam, but nothing that needs revs to appreciate.
He currently has Edelbrock heads and we'd probably keep them. Don't know much about them, but I'm assuming that they'd handle the extra breathing an 88" would need.
guess questions are, what pistons, and would anything else have to be changed to build a reliable engine?
Thanks in advance for all input. This thing is about 40 years newer than what I usually deal with :lol:
DD
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Questions on Stroking an Evo

Can't help with Evo tech Bro but S&S is giving away a one of a kind retro replacement Evo engine at Sturgis this year. Winner has to be present. Give away is at the downtown bar and the engine , I believe, is a 113 cubic incher with additional performance enhancements. Maybe your friend could get lucky and win it if he shows up at Sturgis ?

Return to Evo's Thru 99