Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Indians 1953 Chief,what to look for...............

1953 Chief,what to look for...............

I have an opportunity to acquire a 1953 Chief that has been "professionally" restored.... bike looks great and sounds as it should.......anything specifically that I should I look for that would be indicative of a "less than proper"restoration....I know what to look for on old Harleys as far as originality and fit/finish are concerned but I'm just wondering if there are any specific areas of concern I need to be aware of on this particular model ?.....I'm an old Harley guy ('47 Knuck,'65 Pan and '05 Springer) so I'm not too familiar with the Indian....I know this is a "loaded question" so please feel free to share any thoughts or experiences with this particular year model....also,what would be the price range these bikes go for?....any responses will be most appreciated,thanks............"SHOOTER"

Pa Site Admin

Call Rocky Halter at 330-832-1989 ...
Rocky's Antique Parts
11968 Lincoln Way West
Massillon, Ohio 44647

Rocky has been into Indians for many years. Rocky just left the Presidents position at the AMCA. Pa

Get a copy of Hatfields Indian Restoration Guide. They are back in print Starke has them.
Dusty

Pa wrote:
Rocky just left the Presidents position at the AMCA. Pa

Thank God.

Pa Site Admin

Chris Haynes wrote:
Pa wrote:
Rocky just left the Presidents position at the AMCA. Pa

Thank God.

Now don't be mean Chris. Besides his negative role at the AMCA.... for sure.... Rocky does know Indians.

Return to Indians