FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

s&s super e carb

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

COOKY6660

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

s&s super e carb

Hi
Has anybody had this fault on a s&s super e carb. When the nmotor is cold it will idle great, as i ride the bike the idle will increase on its own as the motor gets hotter. Ive checked the usual, air leaks etc but to no avail. Im gettin a bit inpatient now and thinking of putting a different carb on. Any suggestions? Help etc?
The motor is not stock 88" s&s done about 2500 miles on this carb with no previous problems.
Thanks
cooky
<<

Jerry Wieland

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: s&s super e carb

I'm not familiar with S&S carbs but that definitely sounds like an air leak.

Jerry
<<

Boots99

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Classic intake leak symtoms. Check for leaks more carefully.
<<

Timken

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Don't loose da lttle O ring don't loose da little Oring. If you loose [maybe already lost] the little O ring when you drop the bowl tuning will become impossible . Probably an air leak but if you don't know if the little Oring is there then check. Nothing in the S&S manual about ;don't loose dat lttle o Ring. Two different shops to buy jets before Mal Ross told me I lost da little O-Ring. 50 cents.
<<

knucknutz

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

i run one of these on my knuckle, you need to set idle when engine is hot not cold, but with this setting it won,t idle for shit cold and will want to die and you need to leive enrichner sligthly on or it will die. then as it warms up it will start to idle faster, because it is being "enriched", and you will have to shut enrichner off because it will be idling way fast, once it warms then it will idle it that hot setting. what i do is before i start bike i turn idle screw up some put enrichner on and start bike and turn enrichner off then adjust ilde to what it takes to idle and not die, as bike warms up bike will start to idle to fast and i turn it down as needed till warm. i prefer this to the enrichner sligthly on as it wants to load up and could maybe foal a plug. i pressure tested my manifold as i read on hear and other places so i know it,s not a air leak or something , its just how they are. thats what works for me. hope it helps

Return to Knuckles