Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull Red Wing Boots

Red Wing Boots

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:45 am

got the opportunity to get some new boots at work on exes. I have more work boots and overalls than I know what to do with, I get bombarded with them on my travels and don't need any but never turn down anything on exes, sez I.

trawling about I see Red Wing 1155s ( the 11" pull-on ones ) on the Welding Supplies website. I bought some Red Wing steel-toes from them three or four years ago, Client Offshore Reps can be terrible old hams at times, and they are doing just fine. I have a pair of the lace-up ones with the white wedge soles, and they have been really comfortable for a good few years. I see a lot of harsh words about RedWing these days and I don't intend spending that sort of shillings for Chinese made boots I can get for 15 quid in the market, any comments on this?
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:53 pm

45 Brit, I've spent countless hours on my feet on concrete. The only shoes I ever owned that come out of the box and felt like slippers. It's been a few years since i bought my last pair I'd sure hate to hear they're going down hill.

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm
Pa Site Admin

One compnay I used to work for issued Red Wings once a year for free. You went to the dealer to get fitted and left with a pair. I abused those work boots in machine shop hot chips, cutting, and chemicals. They held out for the full year each time. Other makes did not last a month under those extreme conditions. Pa

Return to Shoot The Bull