FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chris Haynes Son In Terrible Bike Crash !

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:54 am

Chris Haynes Son In Terrible Bike Crash !

:( Chris Michael Haynes II, was in a motorcycle accident. He is in critical condition and in intensive care with brain damage. His chances of recovery do not look good.

Please keep Chris, his Family, and his Dear Son in your Hearts and Prayers. Respectfully, Pa
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Chris Haynes Son In Terrible Bike Crash !

It appears that he was the victim of a car turning left in front of him. Arrived at the Trauma Center and his brain activity was as low as it could be and still consider him to be alive. Blood in the brain, left leg broken in two places, left kneecap shattered, many fractures in the skull, face, and jaw. He underwent surgery during the night to repair the leg. This will help blood flow in his body. So far no pressure rise in his brain. It is still unknown if he is going to survive or not. Now they are cleaning foreign matter out of his lungs.
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Chris,
I am not a traditionally religious man. However, in my own way I communicate with God. Rest assured, your son is in my prayers.
John K. Endrizzi
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank you John.
<<

jib

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 pm

my thoughts are with him chris. regards jib
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years
<<

woody

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Chris,

Please know that our thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family. We have been where you are now, and can only hope that your son recovers and returns to you.

Woody
<<

George Greer

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Chris,

I never have the right words for times like this, but my wife Josefa and I send our best wishes for you and your family, and are hoping for the best.

George and Josefa.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:40 pm

My sincere thanks to all of you.
<<

Cotten

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 pm

And we hope you come through this well, too.

The tragedy is un-imagineable.

....Cotten
<<

Neil74

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Chris,
Sorry to hear about your son, you and your family are in my prayers. Hope and pray for the best.
Neil74
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 am

I found out who the driver of the other car was. She is a 24 year old Vietnamese woman. I drove to her home in the million dollar district high up in the hills. Her new two story home with expensive cars in the driveway. She answered my knock on the door. I asked her to explain to me how the accident happened. She told me she was in the left turn lane waiting for opposing traffic to clear. When the last car went through she turned behind it. Only my son was riding behind it. I told her she was required to be sure the intersection was clear before entering it. She said she "assumed" that is was clear. I looked her straight in the eye and told her that her assumption had killed my son. I turned and left.
So far he is still considered nearly brain dead. I don't know how long it will be before they determine that he is.
<<

Beachdog

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:39 am

Chris,
A parents worst nightmare. As the father of young adult children I try not to think about outliving my kids. Your son and you are in my thoughts and my prayers. 'dog
<<

Neil74

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Chris as a bike rider we all face these things daily, your son remains in my prayers. I pray he recovers from this tragedy and returns to his former life, I worry daily about my son riding 365 days a year rain or shine. Strange how I never once gave it a thought when I did the same. Take care Chris you are all in our prayers.
<<

George Greer

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Chris.

As horrible as this is, I still hope for the best.

And I assume that the lady that ran over your son has charges pending????

George
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 am

I don't check in here as much as I need to. Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your son. He is, and will continue to be in my prayers. You will be in my prayers also. I know this is a terrible time for you. Sure hope things tur out better than expected.
Curt!
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Chris :
i am with you too.
<<

45Brit

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 am

Neil74 wrote:Chris as a bike rider we all face these things daily, your son remains in my prayers. I pray he recovers from this tragedy and returns to his former life, I worry daily about my son riding 365 days a year rain or shine. Strange how I never once gave it a thought when I did the same. Take care Chris you are all in our prayers.

that's true. I see things when my son is racing, that I never saw when it was me.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

Boots99

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm really sorry for you and your son, Chris. I don't check in here very often, and we don't know each other, but I've appreciated reading your posts. Just a sad situation. After 50 years of riding, I've seen the same thing over and over again. We know that riding is dangerous and a lot of survival is luck as much as skill. The people in cars really don't see us. They aren't looking and we are invisable to them. All the best wishes.
Boots
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:19 am

The Dr. installed the feeding tube into Chris' stomach. JR has had everything on him fixed that can be fixed by the Dr's. Now it is time to wait and hope that he wakes up. Then the damage to his brain can be assessed. His eyes are responsive. He moves his mouth and twitches arms. His whole body moves when he has a gag reflex from saliva running down his throat. Soon he will be transferred to a skilled nursing facility.
<<

Curt!

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 am

You and JR are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Thanks for keeping us updated. Best Wishes for you both.
Curt!
Next

Return to Talk To Us