Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull Threaded bolt??

Threaded bolt??

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey fellas,

Where could I get a couple of threaded aluminum bolts that is the same thread pitch and size for the studs that hold the engine cylinders to the case?

I need this just to fill in the holes, and then cut them off flush, then redrill the KH cylinders base mounting studs, using a gasket as a template?

Thanks.

George

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 pm

You could get a 3 foot length of 3/8-16 Aluminum Threaded Rod from Amazon.com through MSC and they probably ship to Germany. cut what you need and save the rest for another endeavor.

http://www.amazon.com/Made-USA-AT038C03 ... B0025PP0Y4

Tim
'54 KHK since 8/70
'76 XLCH since 4/85
'97 Valkyrie since 10/96

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm
jib

i cut the thread in to a round aluminium bar, when i did mine
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:45 pm

My Dad made mine years ago before I got my own lathe. Put a screwdriver slot in the end, then turned it down to 3/8" and cut the threads. That way I had a way to easily thread it in tight, then cut it off flush.
DD

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm
jib

similar to you DD ,but i screwd it below the deck by 1/8' and then had them welded both ends
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Well.

I just got a piece of 7075T6 round bar .500 dia, 6" long,

Turned about 2" down to .375 on my lathe, then my trusty Craftsman tap & die set came home from work yesterday and I got it threaded,...

More work to do

George

Return to Shoot The Bull