Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Books!

Books!

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 am

I am the proud owner of a 2010 FLSTC but have been a Harley fan ever since I was a youngun. Love the look of the old Harley Knuckleheads, Panheads, Shovelheads and would like to learn more about them. I would even like to build me one from scratch or if by chance came across a barn find, restore one.

What books would the members of this forum recommend to educate myself? Being a technical person and do-it-yourselfer, I would like to have books that deal with step by step restoration of motors and transmissions, brakes, etc. I will leave paint and body work to the pro's though. What is the consensus of the forum members regarding "HOW TO RESTORE YOUR HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE" by Bruce Palmer?

Thanks to you all!

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 am

motogunner,
Palmers book is "the Bible". Between that this forum, Hydraglide, and mine. ( http://www.knucklenutz.com/tech/ ) you will be well served. BTW- if you register at IMT be sure to read and heed Before You Register
JKE

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Another great forum can be found at http://www.caimag.com/forum/forum.php

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Yes, get the book...quite worth it.

Yes, also to Chris and Johns replys.

Great places for info.

George

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 am

George Greer wrote:
Yes, get the book...quite worth it.

Yes, also to Chris and Johns replys.