FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Beware of Willard Smarts H-D

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:54 am

Beware of Willard Smarts H-D

ID can be found in link is still trying to peddle this bogus 1944 USN sidecar rig. Years ago when I talked to them about it they admited they built the bike from parts with no knowledge of its origin.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-E-Medium-Compression-knucklehead-1944-E-Harley-Davidson-Knucklehead-USN-Military_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6707QQihZ005QQitemZ150274861671QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
<<

MarkBranst

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Beware of Willard Smarts H-D

Chris,

As I'm sure you know, ID can be found in link sells or tries to sell a lot of "restored" bikes on Ebay. Typically, they have ridiculously high reserve prices, and more often than not, really dubious numbers ... Most of them seem to be parts bikes, with lots of new parts, including frames. This particular so-called NAVY Knuckle has been for sale for at least a year or so. I have sent a couple of messages asking why they "think" it is USN issue, and they never answer, or just get pissy. I send him nasty notes every couple of months just to piss him off ... It makes me feel better, if nothing else.

Mark
<<

howg47

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:05 pm

I know Willard Smart HD Willard Died two years ago and the business is run by a son inlaw . And I will not do business with him. And you are right the bikes are parts bikes.
<<

TOMYKA1951

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm

I am personally aquainted with Jeff and Claudea { willards daughter and son-in-law}.
These bikes were at one time complete but Will took them down in order to store them in his house
and in the rafters of his garage, counted at least enuf to build aprox eight Knuc, and some Pan as well. I can not say for certain that Will ever had a Navy Knuc but i do know he had some NOS fenders and such for the military built bikes. I know this becoz i tryed to buy them on several occations and he is the man who helped me with my '39; and could build a bottom end as smooth as glass.
I am aware that Jeff and Claudea are attempting to maximize Will's invantory of parts and bikes , its what he wanted for his daughter his leggasey to her, it might be incorrect to claim it is an original but for what thier asking itll mostly be the guys across the pond who step up to the expence, right?
i would go as far as saying Jeff wouldnt lead a knowledgable knuckle rider astray by lieing but a rich asain well they say let the buyer beware.
myself Im glad to know them both and miss Wills great knowledge .

I AM AWARE THAT SPELLING IS NOT MY STRONGER ABILITY SO NO WIZE CRACKS
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 pm

After you type something put your cursor on it and right click it. Then click on "Check Spelling" and you are all set to look like a genius. :D
<<

George Greer

Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:42 pm

TOMYKA1951 wrote: i would go as far as saying Jeff wouldnt lead a knowledgable knuckle rider astray by lieing but a rich asain well they say let the buyer beware. myself Im glad to know them both and miss Wills great knowledge

Not leading anyone astray would be the right thing to do...not just rich asian's.

Sounds like your protecting-covering up for a thief/dishonest individual.

My opinion
<<

TOMYKA1951

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 pm

George Greer wrote:
TOMYKA1951 wrote: i would go as far as saying Jeff wouldnt lead a knowledgable knuckle rider astray by lieing but a rich asain well they say let the buyer beware. myself Im glad to know them both and miss Wills great knowledge

Not leading anyone astray would be the right thing to do...not just rich asian's.

Sounds like your protecting-covering up for a thief/dishonest individual.

My opinion

I UNDERSTAND YOUR VIEW, I WOULD NEVER COVER UP FOR ANY ONES BEING A THEIF/DISHONESTIE. OF COURSE YOU DO NOT KNOW ME SO I WOULDNT EXPECT YOU TO BELIVE ME.
<<

George Greer

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:56 am

Yep..

I don't
<<

TOMYKA1951

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 am

But if you did you'd know what a nice fellow I am. No really I am, we just have differing points of view.

A parts built bike or one that has never been apart, well other than the production and vin number on the case's
there is no way to know that the bike was origianally build for, other than that military and some government ordered
might have vin numbers and fenders that differ from your standard civilain models. So lets say you come across a complete basket case bike but looks to be all there and it seems to have been a shore patrol motor cycle because it has the right vin and sheet metal; how would you know if the tranny was correct and the frame ect., would you accuse the seller of being a crook if it wasn't, just wondered .

have a great day :D
<<

jib

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:32 pm

:roll: :roll:
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years

Return to Knuckles