S&S cylinders 2011

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

bobul

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:02 pm

S&S cylinders 2011

I saw this youtube video today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHGE_teYsYg&NR=1

Looks like S&S is back in Flatheads?,, or not?
<<

panic

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: S&S cylinders 2011

Last edited by panic on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:34 pm

panic wrote:The message has been the same for 20 years "Yes, we did predict that they would be available by now, but there have been some problems, and we hope to have it all resolved in the near future."
You can see that a real historian is in charge: "the tooling hadn't been used since the 1950s" when FHP last made the cylinders.
I wonder if Anders knows about this?
You can also see the dramatic break-through in the kicker cover design - the bushing boss is stronger.
Just like the Jammer replacement in 1976....
I always wet my pants when someone says "nuanced" - what was it, 40 times in the video - so exciting!!
And their new knucklehead cone motor "will use a vintage cam" - must be that really rare vintage knuck cam with the ignition drive on the outer end...

</rant>

Give'm a break Panic. Not everyone is as perfect as you.
<<

panic

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Why don't you just shut up.
<<

Neil74

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 pm

:shock: :roll: :D
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:09 pm

It takes time to actually produce a product. Engineers put what they see on blueprints. Machinists try them out and report back the errors. Engineers say make it like the drawing. Machinists say you are gonna loose some bread if you don't correct what we found. The boss says make it as the drawing. The parts are completed. the fitters bitch ! These don't work ! The engineers fix the drawings. It is a cycle.... LOL
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 pm

panic wrote:Why don't you just shut up.

Just what I was thinking about saying to you. But I am too nice for that. :D
<<

panic

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:27 pm

That's not the reason. Your reaction time has that serious handicap: a 2-digit IQ.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 am

Knock it off till you get past your monthly "MOTOR" cycle ! or take it elsewhere
<<

panic

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:41 am

Why do you only wake up and find this distasteful after I post?
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:59 pm

panic wrote:Why do you only wake up and find this distasteful after I post?

You started it with your derogatory bashing statements in the first place Panic. In my opinion, your rude remarks, over our gracious hosts product announcement video clip, was a cheap shot by you. Having the gull to make such remarks on a forum hosted by them was very insulting. Did you really expect an approval of your comment from members ? Removing your posts does not remove evidence to the fact that it was you who initiated the negative reply. The posts, and posts by others, which have been deleted, are still in the system, due to the always on going backing up of the forum content, nothing is ever gone. It is only hidden from the viewer. Once it has been entered into the system, it is there permanently. I normally pemit an off the wall post to remain with the expectation the heat will cool quickly. It usually does cool off quickly. Some people just don't know when to cool off and so they feed the distastefulness to higher levels. This causes more tempers to rise, including my own. It is then when I have no choice but to stop it abruptly. I lowered myself to the same childish level of distaste, when I permitted my own temper to rise, do to the arrogant lack of self control by a few, and my own lack of self control, when I commented in the now closed topic. By the way Panic...what you usually define as a bash from Chris ??? In reality, it is just a humorous based remark. You know ? A chuckle maker ?? Hopefully tempers will have iced over by now and we can all get back to what we enjoy. Motorcycles.

Respectfully, Pa
<<

panic

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:01 pm

I see why you're upset.
The adults are going to find out that you're not a good hall monitor.
Oops!
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 am

WOW !
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:58 am

I've had it with you Panic. They are also going to find out that you are now HISTORY !
<<

George Greer

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Wow...

No shit..

George
<<

fhsmith1

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:38 pm

All
I have made a comment before about this forum being all about the metal and not a place to see how far you can piss or poke out your lip.

As for me I appreciate the help this forum has given me. I seriously doubt my 2 old bikes would have turned out as good as they have if it wern't for the help and inspiration I have recieved here.

My opinion of the host is also very positive. I have purchased MANY of their products over the years. I must say have not been disapointed yet by any of them. I think the most impressive thing about their products is that they actually ride their products before they will sell them. First time I met Tom Johnson was here in Georgia (his original home). He was riding a experimental 117ci twin cam from home to Florida and back. This was way before they were available to the public.
F
<<

flatheadrider

Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:29 am

Thank you Pa ! Your reaction reminds me of a poster I saw , a BEAUTIFUL blonde with pouty lips, double D's, shoulders back, chest out in a tank top stretched real tight and daisy dukes . The caption read " No matter how good she looks, somebody somewhere is tired of her shit ! " Sometimes ya just gotta take the mad cow out and shoot it !
<<

Cotten

Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 am

Gosh,
I didn't get to say goodbye.

Almost back to topic: Our Host's competition from India has 74" and 80" cylinders available typically cheap.
(I don't know if the 80s have thirteen fins or not...)

Who's going to be the first to take a chance on them?

....Cotten
<<

Beachdog

Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:08 am

Cotton,
See the following topic in this forum:
Repro 13 Fin Cylinders 74" & 80"
My last Dixie sale flyer had these jugs in them. Cheap enough to give them a try, but nowhere near as cheap as the 45 jugs. I hope they live up to the hype as I'm reclaiming a totally trashed out set of early 13 fin jugs right now. Fortunately they have a reasonable bore size so they are worth the other work. Welding, grinding, sleeving one guide hole, surfacing,cutting new threads for nipples after weld repair, a couple of head bolt hole repairs, valves, guides, pistons, valve job, bore and hone, paint - then I'll be DONE. They'll look and I hope run as good as new when I finish. Fortunately I have a perfect brand new NOS 13 fin jug that I use for baseline measurements. I'll probably have 20 hours into these before I'm done. Having enough meat in the nipple casting area of the repop ULH jugs to install WR size nipples makes for interesting possibilities. I have put UL nipples into the repop 45 jugs with good results. There is a guy in the area who has successfully installed the WR nipples into the 45 repops, relieved, ported and flowed them to approach WR flow #s. I look forward to hearing what Paul discovers in his testing.
<<

Cotten

Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Beachdog!

It was my Dixie flyer that made me ask.

I searched subject but got confused.

So they have thirteen fins!

I wonder how the intake nipples are sealed.
And I wonder how our Host intends to do it.

....Cotten
Next

Return to Big Twin Flatties