FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

M-53 parts

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

bob71

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:50 am

M-53 parts

I'm putting together a WL based scoot & I post over on the 45 page once in a while, but this is the first time I've posted here. I have an M-53 for my WL mutt & I'm hoping you K model guys can help me out. I need a main nozzle for the carb & have had no luck finding one anywhere. From Victory Library's book I gather that the M-53 nozzle & the M-74B nozzle are similar, but not identical. Does anyone know exactly what the differences are? Is it possible to modify an M-74B nozzle so that it's functionally the same as an M-53 one? Any advice or pointers to resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
<<

panic

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 am

Re: M-53 parts

Last edited by panic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

greg1

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 am

I have a couple fresh M53 bomb site carbs.I needed a fuel nozzle and could find no reproduction nozzle anywhere.I ended up trading an Indian linkert part to a fellow linkert enthusiast for an original fuel nozzle.About all I can say is good luck.If you ask Panic he might know of a nozzle you could convert if you had the sizes of the holes in it's body.If you can find a nozzle that is possible to convert I'll dig out the pin gauges and measure the holes in one of my M53's nozzles for you.............
<<

panic

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 am

Last edited by panic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob71

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks for the input, guys.
Greg, if you wanted to measure the bleed holes on one of your nozzles that would be great, I think it would help me to understand how the M-53 nozzle compares to the M-74B (I understand the holes are smaller, I would just be curious to know how much smaller).
Panic, I think I understand what you are saying about the OE nozzle not being the best solution for any but an original K engine. I was looking for the OE nozzle because I was thinking I would be best off if I started at the OE setup for a baseline & then "tuned" from there. Fiddling with these parameters is what maybe we might call "jetting the carb" on something with a bit different configuration, eh? I appreciate the comment that the M-74 bleed holes are too big - that tells me which way to go when I start changing hole sizes. As far as your comment about "Those who do the most R&D will have the fastest bike" - I fully agree - right now I'm working on the "R" part of that & once the beast is running I can start on the "D" part! :D
Thanks again -
<<

panic

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Last edited by panic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ger Dijkshoorn

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:51 am

bob71 wrote:I'm putting together a WL based scoot & I post over on the 45 page once in a while, but this is the first time I've posted here. I have an M-53 for my WL mutt & I'm hoping you K model guys can help me out. I need a main nozzle for the carb & have had no luck finding one anywhere. From Victory Library's book I gather that the M-53 nozzle & the M-74B nozzle are similar, but not identical. Does anyone know exactly what the differences are? Is it possible to modify an M-74B nozzle so that it's functionally the same as an M-53 one? Any advice or pointers to resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The main nozzle for the M-53 has partnumber 27331-52. It' s totally different from the model for the M-74. You need also a very small gasket (partnumber 27329-52).
The main nozzele is made in Holland by Pro Street ( http://www.prostreetholland.com ). They make alse the bombsite venturie for the M-53 and M-74
Greetings, Gerrit
<<

panic

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:50 am

Last edited by panic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ger Dijkshoorn

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 am

panic wrote:Wow, thanks. Did you happen to notice that this piece of information ("It' s totally different from the model for the M-74") appears in every post, including the original question?
BTW: the part number was not given, because everyone here already knows what it is.
Very interesting site - that's yours, isn't it?
Love the way you avoided copyright infringement here: http://www.prostreetholland.com/4a/4a3.html by using "Z-valve" instead of "Z-rotor" (my phrase), although the part pictured is clearly a copy of my original design.

Hi Panic,
Z-valve is common in Holland. The original part is called breather valve and if it's in a Z form we call it Z-valve. I'm working with old HD's for 45 years. We found this form breather valve 25 years ago in an old WL engine I bought in Germany. That engine was equipped with strange cilinders and overhead valves. We where experimenting with this valve and fount out that the engines with the Z-valve where running cooler in the desert (Marocco). Here in Europe (Holland) are the old Flatties very common. They left over from the second World War.
Have fun, Gerrit

Return to K-Models