hi folks saw these pictures today and not sure if the rest of you have

http://thekneeslider.com/page/7/

regards jib
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years
<<

greg1

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: water cooled knuckle drake engine

The Linkert builder I sent some carbs to for cleaning and having the throttle bushings replaced and line reamed let me in on a little secret.He said he was behind because he was trying to get a pair of carbs finished for Jesse James that were going on a drake knuckle powered chop he's building,or has built by now......
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 pm

I wonder what he will use for a radiator? Most Drakes were 120 inches or bigger. Most Drake engines also had billet cases as the stock H-D cases couldn't take the torque of the Drake internals and top end. Motor mounts would break off.
<<

greg1

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I honestly don't know Chris I figure since he's a celebrity and all it will be in at least one magazine if not a dozen when it's built.Maybe he's just throwing money at it trying to re-engineer some of the problems with the design.I can take the gentleman that told me about it at his word.His father just past is the only reason I'm not posting his name at this time.He does a lot of business with Mike Aldrich that owns http://www.linkertcarbs.com .I might add he did an excellent job on the pieces I sent him................
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 pm

This will show you how much Jessie James knows about Knuckleheads. I was talking to a guy who who recently visited Jesse's shop on his Knucklehead chopper. It had a stock Knuck top motor mount on it. Jesse was complimenting him on the fantastic job he did fabricating the wild custom mount.:D
<<

greg1

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 pm

It sounds like Jesse better stick to the TC and the evo,not that there's anything wrong with them.It's just once you see the same thing numerous times each day you figure out what it is.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:20 am

Chris Haynes wrote:This will show you how much Jessie James knows about Knuckleheads. I was talking to a guy who who recently visited Jesse's shop on his Knucklehead chopper. It had a stock Knuck top motor mount on it. Jesse was complimenting him on the fantastic job he did fabricating the wild custom mount.:D

Maybe working with Knuckleheads will put the vintage curse on Jesse. :wink:
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm

He has got to be the stupidest person alive. He had the goose that laid the golden egg and gave it away for a money grubbing tattooed whore.
<<

greg1

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Can i get an AMEN from the congregation,He was living large then let his little head do the thinking for his big head,sad really he probably doesn't even see it............
<<

George Greer

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:34 pm

greg...

AMEN!!
<<

Boots99

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 am

I visited Jesse at his shop in Long Beach with Anders, when Anders still owned FLP and was looking to try and make some deals to be able to keep his company alive. Jessie was about the most obnoxious and demeaning character I've ever run into in a business. Told Anders that he didn't know anything about the motorcyle business and that "no one would be interested in any of that old stuff." Jessie thought he was the only guy in the world that knew anything about motorcycles. He had a showroom full of exotic customs that no one would be able to ride on the street. The guys an idiot.
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:19 am

well, no. No-one who runs a business which depends on inducing people to part with that sort of money, is an idiot.

Orange County Choppers has nothing to do with motorcycles either, they produce high-end promotional tools which happen to have two wheels and an engine. However they do some high quality work, although it's a great shame that this sort of skill can't be applied to producing something like the heavy oilfield engineering and railroad fabrication that the US was once a world leader in.

Just means James' business model is completely different, his expertise is in a different area and ( maybe ) he has no manners. American businessmen do have something of a reputation in that last sector.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

X-WLCH

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 am

He still has the goose that lays golden eggs and will probably find another whore. Like OCC he is a TV star 8) not a motorcycle person. Don't expect any knowledgeable contributions to this forum from either of them.
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 am

It depends on your definition of 'motorcycle person'.

I knew the late, great Barry Sheene in his young days, and his dad. A world class racing rider and a true champion, probably the first 'star' of the sport in the modern sense, much revered in the UK as 'the bloke who shagged the Old Spice girl' and an all-round 'diamond geezer'.. but a motorcycle person? Not in the sense of this thread.

didn't make him any the less of a rider, though.
<<

jib

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:16 pm

45Brit wrote:It depends on your definition of 'motorcycle person'.

I knew the late, great Barry Sheene in his young days, and his dad. A world class racing rider and a true champion, probably the first 'star' of the sport in the modern sense, much revered in the UK as 'the bloke who shagged the Old Spice girl' and an all-round 'diamond geezer'.. but a motorcycle person? Not in the sense of this thread.

didn't make him any the less of a rider, though.

and i dont think he ever had a licence to ride on the road either
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:14 pm

he didn't.

Nor, for that matter, does Ivan Mauger or current World Speedway Champion, Jason Crump. There have been racing champions who rode as all-rounders - Jeff Smith comes to mind, or Barry Briggs - but they are rather the exception.

but you can hardly say that someone who makes his living from riding isn't a 'motorcycle person' ... just a different sort.
<<

greg1

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Picture off the net of Jesse James Drake water cooled bike build
Attachments
Jesse James Harley Drake on cyrilhuzeblog.jpg
<<

45Brit

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 am

that's a remarkably restrained looking design from a source like that, I'd been expecting to see some extravagantly distorted rolling sculpture.

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"