FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

jib has come a cropper....

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

45Brit

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:15 am

Re: jib has come a cropper....

ah well, Sammy was talking about road racing. It's not really my game but I do know that if ( when ) you come off, if you stay with the bike it will not hit you from behind, and also you present the smallest target, for the shortest time, to whatever is following. Road racing circuits don't have kerbs ( except at the TT ) and you can slide long distances at quite high speed with confidence, you just end up in the grass or gravel.

i've never done trials but I'd guess that you try and retain whaever control you can if you fall off.

in track racing you stay with the bike if you can, again it minimises the target for anyone who is behind you and stops the bike standing up again, grabbing some traction and flipping over on top of you.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

jib

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:28 pm

that makes perfect sense ben well explained, regards jib
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years
<<

Limey_Dave

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm

jib's pics

The guy still rides a flathead,we can reprogram him.
:mrgreen:

Sorry jib,couldn't resist. :twisted:
<<

jib

Post Wed May 05, 2010 6:03 pm

now i can drink beer.. thats the good news... there isnt any other news,, am still in traction and have another 5-6 weeks before i can have a ct scan .
regards jib
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed May 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Healing seems to be taking you a bit long there Bro. You must be getting old...heh ? :mrgreen: Good to hear a beer can go down at least. Hang in there. Pa
<<

jib

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 am

hi pa, i think the consultant is just being carefull as , if not could be total paralysis or death [what fun ,eh] and bearing in mind the registra ,made a boobo and that set me back two weeks. im happy ,mates came round last evening and we had cider and good conversation till about 9.30, and the visiting hours are only till 7, next week its a blues /folk jam session ,as ive got my harps here now and they are bringing their guitars. cheers and best regards jib
<<

45Brit

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:06 am

you play the blues harp? Sounds good to me.
<<

jib

Post Thu May 06, 2010 12:24 pm

hi ben yep , just got a couple of replacment ones A and C by lee oskar to replace some blown out hohners and much prefer them.
regards jib
<<

45Brit

Post Thu May 06, 2010 4:51 pm

don't play the harp, play the banjo and banjo uke though :D
<<

jib

Post Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

two weeks till im out of traction yippee, regards jib
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 pm

That's great news ! Ya aint as old as I thought then ! :wink: All kidding aside Bro... I'm happy as can be for you. Pa
<<

jib

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 am

thanks pa, not gonna count all my chickens yet, but life good when a nurses dances into your room does a twirl and shows you her knees, gee im delirious [that just actualy happened as i was writing, surreal]
the doctor circus will appear in about an hour, a continual fight to remain cool in the face of stupity.
regards jib
p.s. got to love nurses they keep the doctors from killing you
<<

jib

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm

hum some of those eggs were rotton. docs started taking of traction and pain started, xrad me and wiehgt gone back on as bones not healed yet and fell apart.......think you were right first time pa and im older than they think its not in years its in abuse.
regards jib
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Gonna take a bit more time then. After 8 operations on my legs, ankles, and feet, along with an experimental bone growth try, plenty of hardware, and experiments, that is why they call the medical profession a "practice". That is what they really do...Practice. :wink: Just lie back and spend the downtime with brain work on bikes. Once you get the ok to cut out of the hospital, you can do like I did for a spell. I crawled around to get things accomplished. Eventually, I started bearing some weight on them again. Took me years to get upright and I am very limited to how long I can stay upright, but.....I can piss like i used to and I will be a ridin me bikes again...soon ! :D I feel very lucky to be where I am right now. I was told by all of the so called experts, even the ones at the renowned Cleveland Clinic, that I was wheelchair bound for life. Still need that chair every so often but I'm not bound to it. :D I also feel super blessed because some of the best folks I know have much less physical capabilities than I do. Yet they never let that pose a problem for them. They adjusted to their infirmities and pushed on. Like me, none of these folks were born this way. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. Keep your spirits high Bro. Wih deepest respect, Pa
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Pa wrote:Gonna take a bit more time then. After 8 operations on my legs, ankles, and feet, along with an experimental bone growth try, plenty of hardware, and experiments,

All that for a penis enlargement? ;D
<<

45Brit

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:53 am

Chris Haynes wrote:
Pa wrote:Gonna take a bit more time then. After 8 operations on my legs, ankles, and feet, along with an experimental bone growth try, plenty of hardware, and experiments,

presumaby for additional ground clearance?.. :shock:

joking apart, I broke various bones in a shunt in the 80s and I was under the quack, off and on, for years because of it. I have been told several times over the years that I needed one of both cartilages either removing or replacing with teflon buttons, but I have always resisted this and on the whole I think I am probably none the worse for it, being familiar with cartilage operations and their various after-effects from my rugby days. In fact one of my sons' team-mates has started down this road at 17 years of age, with problems already.

To tell the truth, the most persistently troublesome after-effects have been my left hand, a bundle of little bones you could carry in your pocket.. oh well, life's like that sometimes.
<<

jib

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:54 am

cheers guys, love the cheerful ness pa. i had 13 operations on my left leg over 4 years and was lucky to keep it , but i perseverd went to a top consultant ,and now can walk and dance abit ,no running, but better than the first practitioners had left me, a leg over an inch shorter,bent and with bone sticking almost through the skin,.i built my buell engined sporty while that episode was going on and deraked the 45 and redid the front end.
this time i get out its put the shovel back together and get the magneto off the 54 rigid triumph ,fixed and back on to take that for a ride
regards jib
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:53 am

jib wrote:cheers guys, love the cheerful ness pa. i had 13 operations on my left leg over 4 years and was lucky to keep it , but i perseverd went to a top consultant ,and now can walk and dance abit ,no running, but better than the first practitioners had left me, a leg over an inch shorter,bent and with bone sticking almost through the skin,.i built my buell engined sporty while that episode was going on and deraked the 45 and redid the front end.
this time i get out its put the shovel back together and get the magneto off the 54 rigid triumph ,fixed and back on to take that for a ride
regards jib

Now that's what I'm talkin about !!! :D
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 am

Chris Haynes wrote:

Nope...A reduction.... :mrgreen:
<<

45Brit

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 pm

life is what you make it.

I still play vets rugby occasionally, and I'm still jetting around playing with the big boys' toys offshore long after I thought I'd have been sidelined. I don't often race now, but that's partly because I'm too wrapped up in being start marshal plus looking after my elder son's bikes. I learnt to play the banjo to get my hand working again, and it has been sort-of successful.

ok I creak a bit in the morning sometimes, but everything comes at a price.
PreviousNext

Return to Talk To Us