FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

paughco panhead frame ?

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

sourdoughsmitty

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 am

paughco panhead frame ?

One of the locals here is wanting to build a retro rigid frame but use the paughco rigid model, as it does not have a spot for the original pogo seat post is there a way you can mod the paugco frame in this area? so as to run the stock seat post? he wants to keep the build on a budget without buying a total replica frame being 2000+ as oposed to less than 1000 for the other.
thanx smitty
<<

45Brit

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:37 am

Re: paughco panhead frame ?

I suppose the answer is, you get what you pay for, and it depends on what you are aiming to build. My feeling is that the cheaper aftermarket frames look very different with their flat-plate, straight-weld rear wheel mounts, lack of forging detail around the headstock etc.

If you want to build a basically repop bike with original detail, you want the repop frame with the detail "according". If you simply want the general lines of a rigid, the aftermarket route is the way to go. I'd very much suspect that if you tried to chnage something as central as the seat post, you would end up spending so much that you might as well have bought the repop in the first place, and still have a bike that looks like it has an "accessory" frame
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

panic

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 pm

X2
<<

sourdoughsmitty

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 am

Yup kinda what I figured ,told the guy that in the end ,and as he wants to run a hack as well he might as well get the replica frame with the loops on it
thanx smitty
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 am

The V Twin replica frames are good strong frames. However I haven't had one that didn't need a little tweaking before it was ready for paint. :(

Return to Shovels