<<

Boots99

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Boots Knuck chopper

OK, Thanks to you guys, let's see if this works:

[img=http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6796/somethingevil1.th.png]

[img=http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9697/rearfendery.th.png]

[img=http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3060/gastankart2.th.png]

So we don't actually upload to this site. Instead we upload to a storage site online, and then embed the code to link to those photos? There should be 4 photos here if I figured this out. I prefer working with engines and oily stuff.

The engine has honest 1940 Knuck cases with matching belly numbers and proper date codes for a 40 El. I found no signs of welding or any case mods when I started. I'm afraid that I had no interest in a restoration. I just wanted another 60's style chop like I rode back in the 60's and 70's when I built these things and sold them for less then $1,000 each and made a profit. Of course, now days it cost a lot more, and I could afford to spend more on paint and chrome. But its still a suicide / jockey set up, and the bars are now 6 inches higher then the photos, because that made it more comfortable for me. The crank is an S&S 4-5/8" stroke, custom turned to match the proper scraper clearance. Barrels and Heads are Anders before he sold the company to the guys in Florida. 3-1/2" bore so I didn't have to open the spigots and weaken the cases. It worked out to 89 inches. Runs really well and I ride it nearly every weekend. The Trans case is also HD 4 speed and the frame started out as an old straight leg HD frame, highly modified. As a result, I was able to keep it as a 1940 HD registration in California. I don't think I used anything else OEM other then the oil pump gears. I did everything myself other then paint, but I had help on the original engine build.

Hope the photos come up.
<<

Boots99

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Boots Knuck chopper

Oh and I forgot to mention: Those seat covers are Elephant hide from an Elephant I shot in Tanzania.
<<

Boots99

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 pm

<<

Lee W

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am

You shot an elephant in Tanzania? I would have thought you would have to shoot it in the head to kill it.

Sorry, but its April 1st - I couldn't resist.
<<

john k. endrizzi

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 am

Did you eat all of it ? Except for the hide ?
<<

Boots99

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:03 pm

john k. endrizzi wrote:Did you eat all of it ? Except for the hide ?

We took some loin meat for camp stew. The local tribe took the rest for meat and to make biltong. When you legally kill an Elephant in most parts of Africa, the local tribe will all be there within an hour to start boning it out because they have a legal right to the meat. They don't waste anything. Even the gut piles are cooked and eaten. That's the difference between legal hunting and poaching. The tribes won't touch a poached Elephant because they might be mistaken for poachers and shot on sight, which is the law.

Return to Knuckles