FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dan's knucklehead chopper

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

budoka

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:47 pm

dan's knucklehead chopper

i realize most of you guys are more restoration oriented, but thought someone might like to see what i'm getting started on.

the engine was not original and hasn't been for a long time before i bought it (supposedly originally built by Pete Hill and recently rebuilt by Jamie Barber of the 74 Shop), so i don't feel bad building a chopper around it. right now it's just a bunch of spare parts bolted together to get it shipped over to me, where i can begin working on it in earnest. the tank and rear fender will stay, but the front end and forwards will be replaced with ones built by me.

well, here you go. i'd appreciate any comments, be they positive or negative. :D

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: dan's knucklehead chopper

I really like your chopper project vision ! Pa

ImageImage
<<

Randall

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 am

Howdy Dan,

Looks like a good start; Where do you plan to go with it? Are you going to stay with the dual Solexes? It'll take a pretty good jog in your left leg to reach the peg unless you run mid-controls. Any idea how the engine is set up?

--- Randall
<<

budoka

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks guys, your kind words are appreciated.

Randall, it's kinda funny but my leg nestles just perfectly in between the SUs. Not sure how well that'll work out on long rides, but I've been contemplating mids or high mid-forwards too.

The engine is supposed to be an 84" stroker set up with UL flywheels and an Andrews cam, oversized Manley nitrided valves, and panhead exhaust ports. I've got a complete breakdown of the work that was done to it by Mr. Barber.

Thanks again for your comments!
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
<<

Griff

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm

It looks great to me, I'd put some coker tyres on it though
Griff
<<

budoka

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:27 am

thanks, Grif. yeah, i think some other tires would fit better overall, but since i have these i'll go ahead and run them til they wear out and then go with something else. how are the Cokers in the rain?

-dan
<<

Boots99

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to upload some photos of my 40 Knuck chopper here. I ride it on the street all the time. How do you do that if you don't mind me asking for some help?
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:19 pm

I use http://www.imageshack.us/ . Copy the third link down, out of the links they supply, after you upload your pic, and paste it here. Rezize for forums. They provide the resizing feature. Pa
<<

budoka

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:19 am

i think i used Flickr to host my pics, Boots99. pretty much any of the online photo hosting sites work the same though. if you check some out and are still having problems, let me know and i'll help ya work it out. i'd love to see your chopper. i just found out yesterday that mine is supposed to ship out on Tuesday, and i'm supposed to be able to go get it on April 12th. need i say i'm excited?

-dan

Boots99 wrote:I have been trying to figure out how to upload some photos of my 40 Knuck chopper here. I ride it on the street all the time. How do you do that if you don't mind me asking for some help?
<<

panic

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 am

I see the usual high degree of interest is present as always.
Last edited by panic on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Boots99

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, I think I did it correctly and posted in a new thread. I used image shack. But you guys figured out how to embed your photos in the post, and mine seem to take you to image shack to see the photos. Oh well, at least you can see them. Several of the national magazines have done stories on the bike so you may have seen it anyway. For some reason, the tank art photos always look like the paint is all scratched up, when it actually looks perfect in real life. Beats me why. I'm not a photographer. Thanks for the help guys.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:34 am

Use photobucket and your photos will appear here.

Return to Knuckles