FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

F I modules

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

immotors

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:36 pm

F I modules

Hey folks,
Was wondering if anyone has the new module from ness, I have a nice wake-up mod for baggers but have gone beyond the avable maps for the factory module. Have tried the power commanders in the past but don't like them at all (to many come backs) I'm looking for something that will work for the long haul without haveing to update every othere week. Any advice would be appricated.
<<

cynic

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Check into some of the "smart Technology" that's now available to learn your riding style and then precisely adjust via O2 wide band feed-back input. Zipper's has such a dual wide band device that also works with the Harley Screamin Eagle race tuner in addition to their own. It should also make dyno time to get it dialed in unnecessary. I also believe at least one of the latest aftermarket piggyback fuelers can also subtract fuel.
<<

immotors

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 am

fi modules

Thanks for the reply, I did check them out, looking for something with software tuning. Found a company by the name of Daytona sensors that may have what I'm looking for, I had a good deal going with my local HD dealer for remaps but that deal went south last week when the price jumped from 75 to 200 guess he didn't like that I was working on bikes he just sold, must of forgot that my referral was why he sold the bike. Anyway it has now forced an idea off of the back burner, I have been a auto mech for the past 20 years, worked for a couple of local independant bike shops and 5 years ago opened imagination motors for the express purpose of giving my friends and myself a place to work on are stuff without wanting for the right tool ( if I do it 40 an hour if you do it no charge) we have a blast and now the guys can afford to do upgrades. Last year I brought my box home for the first time and started teaching at the local tech collage this has alowed me enought time to start thinking about how to modify the injection systems and keep them emmision legal this is not new to me i've been doing it on cars for years. Now I need software, something I can use while the bike is on the dyno and maybe a company that does Harleys and imports, preset units are nice but won't get a big motor through emmisions testing. Rucker already has a twin cam production motor CA. legal too 2010 and from what I've heard will blow the doors off anything the factory has to offer. This is the future of are industry and testing is right around the corner. I will share any info. I get with the form, I don't do this for profit i did it for knowledge.
Imagination fuels everything.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Pat
<<

JIm

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:29 am

Daytona sensors also is Daytona Twin Tec

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/

I have used their ignition modules in Shovels and Twin Cams and like them a lot. They are good people to talk to also, very willing to help you out.
I talked to them a couple of weeks ago about something I was doing on a Twinkie and having trouble with finding the info I needed to see if I could do it. He was very helpful and had some of the info I needed and directed me to more of what I didn't have. But Old timers is catching up cause I can't remember his name.

Jim
<<

cynic

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:21 am

These guys have a deal on maps, but without dyno time or some other form of data acquisition doesn't that only get you part way? I've also read the factory modules can vary as much a 20% as to how they apply any individual map? Meaning the same map can act totally different in two otherwise identical bikes.

I have a 06 with very few mods and the twin narrow band O2 sensors that needs just a little tweaking, so I'm leaning toward the Race Fueler as it will now subtract fuel and gives load based fuel delivery, maybe also pick up something that stores data to make the tuning of it more precise. On the other hand if I was to get a SERT I could also play with the ignition.

http://www.hdmaps.com
<<

immotors

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:32 am

Got tied up in the shop this last week, I'll be calling Datona this coming week to see if they have anyone local that has there tuning software that I can talk with. I like the fact that there system will work with the racetunner and the add on O2 system would be a perfect fit for big inch motors.
Pat
<<

MAD BRAD

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 am

Re: F I modules

I run the accell slm in my 01 roadking, added o2 sensor. It tunes as i go, real nice put their conversion cams in. And 2into 1 rhinehart pipe dialed right in real fast now MAD BRAD
MAD BRAD

Return to Twin Cams