Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical can anyone identify this tail light

can anyone identify this tail light

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.
Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:01 pm

I got it out of a large storage room that only contains harley parts as far as the owner knows.It hasn't been gone through in 25 years.I got this light thinking i might use it but can't identify it.On the right side of the bracket where the license plate goes it has LHD-T8 stamped into the metal.The license plate light is curved glass that is inset into the metal housing,and held in be a wire clip arrangement.The license plate light as well as being curved has ribs running side to side on the glasses inside and ribs running front to back on the outside of the light.It's really a puzzle for me,i give up anyone that knows let me know please.......

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240 ... rts004.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240 ... rts006.jpg

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Greg,

Looks like a Hummer or ST back light... 68009-55

Patrick

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 pm

You are good my friend,and here i thought i found a rare and valuable part...Thanks Patrick

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:30 pm

greg1 wrote:
You are good my friend,and here i thought i found a rare and valuable part...Thanks Patrick

What makes you think you haven't? :mrgreen:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:24 am

Chris i just gave it to someone i know fixing up an old hummer, tell me i didn't just give away my retirement plan, :shock:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:03 am

Only if you could retire on a hundred bucks :roll:
Robbie

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:06 am

If only, sadly $100.00 doesn't go very far these days.At least it went to a good cause.............

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Hopefully the favor will come back around. That's what its really about!
Robbie

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:44 am

That's true Rubone I try to help out whenever I can because God knows I've been helped out a lot on this project as well as generally speaking throughout my life.

Return to General Whatever-Technical