FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Soldered Gas Tank Repair

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

amklyde

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 am

Soldered Gas Tank Repair

Can Anyone steer me towards a reputable person doing soldered tank restoration? A friend has some early VL tanks that need resto. I have some as well, but I thought I'd let him go first.
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Soldered Gas Tank Repair

Any radiator shop can do the soldering for you.
<<

amklyde

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 am

The only guy in town that was willing to fool with gas tanks retired. I have applied hundreds of pounds of lead myself in my years of auto restoration and could do this work, but I'm wearing too many hats already. I would just like to find a competent person with motorcycle gas tank experience to farm it out to. Do you have somebody local to you that has done this work for you Chris?
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 pm

amklyde wrote:The only guy in town that was willing to fool with gas tanks retired. I have applied hundreds of pounds of lead myself in my years of auto restoration and could do this work, but I'm wearing too many hats already. I would just like to find a competent person with motorcycle gas tank experience to farm it out to. Do you have somebody local to you that has done this work for you Chris?

I used to take them to Fry's Radiator in San fernando. But he retired and closed the shop. I haven't needed to find another since then.

Return to Services Sought