Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical need more help identifying parts that came with a 45 trans

need more help identifying parts that came with a 45 trans

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

[URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/singledownloop/?action=view&current=variousparts013.jpg]Image[/URL

They might have came with the transmission but i dont think any of umm go in one atleast not the later models sir

That's my opinion as well,i can't find them in Palmers or online.I did find i have a starter clutch made only from 1928-1934 for 3 speeds only.And some various other pretty interesting items.I may have needed to title the subject "what have i found in this box of transmission parts" :)

The third picture down has the same "teeth" on it's o.d. as the end of the 1941-73 clutch gear.But as we can see it's not a part of a shaft but has a threaded i.d. which is smaller then o.d. of the threaded portion of the stock 1941-1973 clutch gear,as noted in Palmers. This makes me think you could screw it onto another shaft to run the same clutch hub.I'm just guessing.These parts puzzles are 1/2 the fun,but i do sometimes need help getting them solved.......................

first picture is a 'missing' or 'hidden' link to join 2 pieces of chain together. you put the C's together backwards & brad the pins.
old harley parts are MY 401K!

Now that chain link piece loks perfectly clear to me.Of course i needed someone to paint a picture of it for me :lol: thanks,1 down..........

I have discovered "quite by accident" that the 3rd picture is the stop stem nut for a panhead era Hydra-Glide front end. So there's 2 items identified and 3 more to go.I found another piece identical to picture #2 in the stored parts so that piece has really peaked my interest.......Greg

Return to General Whatever-Technical