FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PA - DELETION OF POSTS

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: PA - DELETION OF POSTS

Terminology, does make it difficult to understand at times. Heck....I try to read a label on a food or beverage product, and i say to myself.....what the hell am I taking into me body ! :mrgreen: Some things are very difficult to grasp without laymans terms as language. But......I have come to realize.........once grasped, a better understanding of why.......is met, when the engineering terminology and mathematical equations, disect the reasoning of why. I know what I just said. Hope everyone else knows it also. :wink: Pa
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Hay Pa,
While we are deleting how about deleting a few of the screen full of ancient announcements above most topics?
Dusty
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 pm

I'll work on it Dusty. You are right. Many have been there to long.
<<

Cotten

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 pm

I look at this way, folks:

When I'm wrong or say something silly, it is my own fault, and deleting it would only make me look worse.

My deleted posts on this forum are simple censorship, and nothing more.

After another forum spun my words around to suit the "moderator's" personal agenda, I'll settle for that.

...Cotten
<<

sleeper

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 am

Cotten wrote:I look at this way, folks:

When I'm wrong or say something silly, it is my own fault, and deleting it would only make me look worse.

After another forum spun my words around to suit the "moderator's" personal agenda, I'll settle for that.

...Cotten

Cotten- mebbe they figured you were "horsing" around ?
<<

Cotten

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:36 am

sleeper wrote:
Cotten wrote:I look at this way, folks:

...Cotten

Cotten- mebbe they figured you were "horsing" around ?

Many years ago, The Horse claimed that nasty messages were coming from my computer.
It was impossible, but a boasting engineer wanted me off of there for promoting the use of torqueplates inspite of his declaration that they were harmfull. (Seriously!)

There is no guarantee of Freedom, nor Justice in the cyberworld.

My reference above was to a vintage forum where a moderator began harrassing my pedantic posts with childish replies like "ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz", and then invaded my posts to alter them to make me look like a moron, AND SIGNED HIS NAME!
The owner of the forum (who invited me to join) showed no respect for the 1st Amendment (or those who have given life and limb to preserve it), even though he is an American publisher who could only survive under its protection.
So I picked up my toys and went home.

I've been barred from another but I forget which.

When "Hawg Ryder" told me I was "shitting in his house" (I believe I debunked a 'barroom legend" that hurt some biker's tender feelings), I left the pigs to wrestle in the mud by themselves.
Please let me know if my information is deemed of no value, as I can abandon this one as well.
(External photohosting is too time-consuming anyway.)

....Cotten
PS: This is the only forum where I have been threatened with violence (prior to our current moderation, of course.)
<<

panic

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:40 am

Being banned from sites that boast ill-mannered idiots as their supporters is a badge of honor.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Cotten....email me on this threat of violence. I'll put an end to that ! ASAP Pa
<<

Cotten

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Pa wrote:Cotten....email me on this threat of violence. I'll put an end to that ! ASAP Pa

Pa!

As I posted, it was in the distant past, before our new Host and crew.
Most of this forum's past is inaccessable anyway, from what I can tell...

The bottom line is that everyone should carefully consider their words before they punch "submit". The whole world really is watching. And remembers.

My minor regret on all forums is that some of my best retorts are censored never for any obscenity or name-calling, but to coddle sacred cows who do just that.

If we could just keep on subject (classic motorcycles maybe?), then agreement abounds.

....Cotten
DOH!
It has just been pointed out to me that there are evo and twinkie catagories on this forum.
Somehow I missed them.
<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Cotton,
Are evos and twinkies motorcycles? I owned Hardly as new as 57 once and it had this strange cover on top of each cylinder.
Grin
Dusty
<<

Curt!

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Cotten~~~
Sorry, I meant to say "I'll kiss your ass" not " I'll kick you ass" My engrish not so gud.

Couldn't resist....... The devil made me do it.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:39 pm

I needed a good chuckle ! And that did it for me ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

sleeper

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:41 am

Cotten-

I remember you posting here about that happening to ya at the horse.. Pretty lousy deal IIRC..

I didn't mean to strike a nerve...My apologies for poor judgement in my choice of words.. :oops:
<<

Cotten

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:52 am

sleeper wrote:Cotten-

I remember you posting here about that happening to ya at the horse.. Pretty lousy deal IIRC..

I didn't mean to strike a nerve...My apologies for poor judgement in my choice of words.. :oops:

I am not ashamed nor embarrassed by these pitifully transparent transgressions against me, other than the shame and embarrassment that some of my countrymen act with such complete disregard for the values that my country was founded and sustained with so much sacrifice and blood.
My nation, and the nations of others on this forum, continue to sacrifice to sustain these values to this very day, for the benefit of those who casually destroy them.

That strikes a nerve, indeed.

....Cotten
<<

Curt!

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:23 pm

I had a run in with the good 'ol boys over at Ironhorse. I've got a buddy that sent a set of XL cylinders to one the the regs over there and never got paid. He bitched on the forum and immediately got banned. He e-mailed me the details and I raised hell on there about it and I got banned. A real tight crowd over there that doesn't like to hear anything bad about their regs and favs.
Curt!
<<

sleeper

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Cotten-

Ever consider entering into politics ? :wink:
<<

Cotten

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:58 am

sleeper wrote:Cotten-

Ever consider entering into politics ? :wink:

No, I like sausage too much.

But I dreamed of hacking into a certain teleprompter and doing some speech writing.

Thought about religion once, but I couldn't get a tax exemption for "The Glorious Church of Immaculate Existentialism".

Face it, I would never join any special interest group that would have the likes of me for a member: I was even drummed out of the ABATE chapter that I helped found.

....Cotten
(Just in case some one didn't catch it, Benjamin Franklin once said something like: "Those who love sausage, and have respect for the law, should never see either one being made."

And an apology to Groucho, too.)
<<

sleeper

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Well you still have a good sense of humor.......(insert stoopid smiley face here)
Previous

Return to Talk To Us