Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Morthodites-"Non Factory" IT WAS NECESSARY TO WELD UP THE NUMBER BOSS

IT WAS NECESSARY TO WELD UP THE NUMBER BOSS

Built something weird, one-off or want to? Ask or tell us about it here.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Pa Site Admin

Why ????

--
Last edited by 45Brit on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Although you need to add a lot of material to the left case to provide surface area for the cylinder bases I have seen it done without welding over the numbers.

Pa Site Admin

They have been in business for years. Hopefully they will list it again. I would like to ask how one would have to legally work around the issues concerning it. Personally, I can't see one single state could issue a title for it.

--
Last edited by 45Brit on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

panic

U.S. law dictates that any vehicle is a special class of property, like real estate, dead bodies, controlled substances or firearms, for which sale and possession are controlled quite differently.

That engine cannot be legally bought, sold, or owned.

--
Last edited by 45Brit on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE LEFT CASE REQUIRES NO WELDING TO INSTALL 900 CYLINDERS. BUT THEY HAVE LOTS OF CASES WITH BELLY NUMBERS BUT MISSING NUMBERS ON THE BOSS. AKA GOV REPLACEMENTS. ?

X-WLCH wrote:
THE LEFT CASE REQUIRES NO WELDING TO INSTALL 900 CYLINDERS. BUT THEY HAVE LOTS OF CASES WITH BELLY NUMBERS BUT MISSING NUMBERS ON THE BOSS. AKA GOV REPLACEMENTS. ?

That is no reason to weld over the boss.

Pa Site Admin

The way I see this build.... Unless those cases were cast from a totally new pattern, they are worthless.

jib

funny that they welded up those cases ,but the k heads i bought off them that needed welding (found out after i bought there " perfect ones") they had advertised as perfect no cracks etc etc etc.
Dude, check out that jibhead, he's crazy. Hasn't been sober for 40 years

I knew this would get a reaction from the masses. I know and like Bill, but he should know better than to market something like this.
Curt!

Pa Site Admin

I don't think Bill does the ebay marketing. Pretty sure Judi does the listings but someone else passes those listings on to her.

panic

How strange.
In the biz what, 30 years?
".....I didn't know there was anything wrong, no body told me"
That's because they can't hear those warnings over the KA-CHING.

Pa Site Admin

panic wrote:
That's because they can't hear those warnings over the KA-CHING.

No doubt....the KA-CHING, looks to take presidence.

Well last I looked, no bidders = no KA-CHING.

I think Judy is way too smart to claim ignorance on this. I think Bill keeps on top of things too well to not know about his. Their intentions in marketing this motor baffle me. It's not really legal as a racing motor is it. It may work to soup up your lawn tractor. Maybe with the flat rack frame, something to herd cows?
Curt!

Pa Site Admin

I hope you a wrong Curt. I've had good dealings with them over the years. It would really bum me out to see them go sour. The risk is to great doing business in this manner. There is no logic behind it. :?

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"