FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

k model valve seats

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

celticdodge

Post Mon May 11, 2009 6:41 pm

k model valve seats

In contemplating the use of a 1 7/8'' intake valve on a K Model at first glance it looks like the 1.875 valve diameter is so huge that it would essentially eliminate the relief area between the intake and exhaust ,it appears that a new valve seat may be in order.Now I have the '' 45 Performance" book by Jeffrey Diamond which is the best technical book written on 45's and I am assuming the valve information would apply to the K Model but this may be my mistake.When you guys install the big 1.875 intake valve are you installing a new larger valve seat,and how deep are sinking the valve.Also I was thinking about running a standard 3 angle valve,any comments and guidance would sure be appreciated. :D :D
<<

panic

Post Mon May 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: k model valve seats

Don't use any bigger valve than you need to get the seat cleaned up, and don't sink it at all.
<<

44dwarf

Post Tue May 12, 2009 4:59 am

Re: k model valve seats

Try never to sink the valve you loose low lift flow and shrouds the the back side.

I've not done my valves yet on my K but plan on cutting the seats to clean and having valves ground to fit. My plan is to try and not put in seats if at all possible.

"Smok'in the competition NOT Tobacco"
"Transplant organs, Don't bury them!"
Why dwarf? 5/8 scale race cars! http://www.dwarfcarracing.com

Return to K-Models