FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

California Title troubles.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Curt!

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am

California Title troubles.

Here's a question for you guys in California.. I have a customer who's son is a Marine that was stationed in San Diego. He bought a 2003 Yamaha road bike in California. Then he got shipped to Iraq. His wife and kids moved back to Kansas where the family is. The bike is here, but somewhere along the line the title was lost. The guy's dad wants to buy the bike from the kid and ride it until he gets back home. He's been on the phone to the California DMV who tells him that they won't issue a lost title unless the bike gets inspected IN CALIFORNIA. He's not going to drag the bike all the way back there to have someone verify the numbers. I spoke with the KHP here that does title verifications. He told me if there was a need to verify the serial numbers that he would do so if they send him the form to fill out.
I downloaded a copy of the "lost title" form from the California DMV and it looks pretty straightforward other than it doesn't have any instructions on whether this can be done by mail.
Can any of you guys enlighten me on how to help get this guy a title?
Curt!
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: California Title troubles.

Ask CA DMV if they will accept number verifaction from the KS DMV.
<<

Curt!

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: California Title troubles.

Thanks Chris
I was able to download the Cal DMV ID verification number form from their website. My guy was going to call them today to see if they would accept Kansas Hiway Patrol verification. Hopefully we'll get this guy on the road before Independence Day. :mrgreen:
Curt!

Return to Shoot The Bull