FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A plee From Fellow Bikers

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:27 am

Re: A plee From Fellow Bikers

Mimi and JC were not able to take more photos of the urns resting place for me yet but I got lucky and found the first ones they sent to me. After looking everywhere but the right place, they were in front of me the whole time under a stack of literature. I'm sorry for the inferior quality of the photos. An old polaroid is all they own. Pa

<<

hplhd

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:35 am

i smile everytime i see it pa. it sure does my beat up heart some good.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Finally !!!! A friend of Mimi's and JC's stopped over with a better camera. :D Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:24 pm

I see it as kind of fitting that the last photos are during the Holiday Season. In 3 weeks it will have been two years since we started this project. Man !!! Time flies !!!! I hope the Joy, You Folks placed in the Hearts, of Mimi and JC, return to you all, 10 fold. Thank You My Friends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Humbly, Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:45 am

Interesting that you should make a post to this thread right now. Last week I received an article cut out of my old local paper.. The Great Bend Tribune. It was a story about Chet Cale, our artist friend. He has recently branched out to carving headstones. Part of the article was that his inspiration to start doing headstones was his participation in the Brady Urn project. They had a photo of the Brady Urn in the article.
I found the news release from Chet on his website following the article. It pretty much says the same thing that the article had in it.
This is just one case of how lives were enriched by this project.

http://www.chetcale.com/showrelease.html?id=18
Last edited by Curt! on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt!
<<

47knuck

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:01 pm

You never know how many lives you will touch. Those who touch others with kindness will inspire others to the same. Nice to know ya. Steve
Steve H
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Steve....I am so sorry ! I missed your last post on this topic. The thanks goes to you all. It was you folks who brought forth closing for the loss of of their loved one. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 pm

I realise this post is history now but actully it is still alive. As you all know, the recipients of the urn were, and....., are extremely poor. But !!! They were at a friends who has a pc online and the friend found another humanitarin project going on. It so happens the friend ran across my Ole Ladies Thanksgiving and Christmas free meal offerings at her diner just by curiousity over the urn postings. They were able to link the thread via you and I to Kat's Kitchen diner. When they were playing around those links, they came across the free Holiday meals for the unfortunate and lonely. Immeadiately they put out a call to others in the Seattle and surrrounding areas. A check is on its way to help offset the cost of the free Holiday meals.....All because of the folks surrounding the urn project ! The funds will go directly to the local charities. I don't know exactly how you folks feel but I am humbled by the generousity and the heart felt need those folks saw in the Holiday meal give aways. I see it as what comes around, go around. Again...I thank all of you for spawning what is now taking place. If it was not for your compassion, it would have ended with the urn itself. Thank you Bro's !!!!! Pa
<<

47knuck

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Cool way Cool :)
Steve H
Previous

Return to General Whatever-Technical