FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

E-bay KHK.. interesting..

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Mad Mac's

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:22 am

E-bay KHK.. interesting..

Seems for the price this could be the start of a nice ride in what ever version you wanted.. Wonder how many taken down this far still have a title that can be found..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Ac ... 240%3A1318
When they're running you out of town.. get out in front and make it look like a parade.
<<

Dave56KHK

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: E-bay KHK.. interesting..

This was my KHK pile in the beginning. It had a title!

<<

suicideshovel65

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:59 pm

From that pile of parts to your stunning KHK must have been a journey indeed...

Did you end up re-using most of it, or did you have to replace many of the parts to get to that standard?

How does it ride compared to the V7 (another bike I've lusted after for some time...)
<<

Dave56KHK

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:07 am

suicideshovel65 wrote:Did you end up re-using most of it, or did you have to replace many of the parts to get to that standard?

How does it ride compared to the V7 (another bike I've lusted after for some time...)

I would say %80 of the parts in the photos are on the bike. Of course the engine and tranny were completely rebuilt with many new parts.

If you are referring to the Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, they are very different. The Moto Guzzi was way ahead of it's time in 1973 with great handling and has a very smooth motor that makes nice power. It still feels quite modern when riding it today, and would have no problem going on a run coast to coast. When on the KHK you are definitely stepping into the past when riding, but it is still great fun.
<<

suicideshovel65

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi Dave, yes I was indeed referring to the Moto Guzzi - I saw your KHK posted on another board by coincidence and was impressed to hear that you also had experience with that "other" V twin...:-)

There are a number of Guzzis (a friend also rode a Magni which was an amazing bike) that appeal to me, but the V7 Sport is one I've always had an interest in.

Return to K-Models