Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Services Sought Reputable Frame Repair In Ohio Needed

Reputable Frame Repair In Ohio Needed

Looking for that special work on your bike or engine and can't remember who does it? Inquire here, maybe someone can help you. Same rules apply as Services Offered.

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:15 pm
Pa Site Admin

My Buddy needs a good frame repair person in Ohio. Replace frame neck forging on a 45". Any links ? Thanks, Pa

Don Sullivan may still do frame repair. See his add in AMCA mag for contact info. He advertises for panhead valve seat repair.

Jim Long in IA ain't that far away.

Pa Site Admin

Thanks Fella's ! I'll look em both up. Met Jim before at Wauseon. Forgot all about him. Talked frame repair with him there. Duh ??? Pa

Pa Site Admin

Still searching for a reputable 45" frame repair person. Don and Jim don't do 45"s. Pa

You may try Precision Welding, Larry Smith in Lancaster. He does some frame repair and is the only authorized weldshop for Honda repair in all of Ohio and then some, I think. He'll at least know what your referencing as he does alot of vintage stuff also.
Whether he'll take on that repair, I don't know.
He also does magic on fin repairs, a specialty, along with manufacturing several 100K parts for Honda each year.
My last visit he was finishing up a repair to a chief head that had required his building of 18 fins and straightening most of the rest. When finished the repairs were undetectable.
Obviously he stays busy. A great guy, very knowledgable with no BS.

Good luck,
Steve

Pa Site Admin

Thanks Steve. We will give him a call. Pa

Sorry PA, but the proper name of his shop is Precise Welding, not precision. Good Luck.
His # is listed but I don't want to post it here.
Can't find it... PM me.

Pa Site Admin

Not a problem Steve. I figured that out and he will be contacted. Thanks for the help. Pa

Pa Site Admin

We hired him Steve :D Thanks again for the contact !! Pa

You're welcome.
I take it that he wants another section rather than a bare head?
He welded my WR cam lobes and did a beautiful job. I sure you'll be happy with his work.
If you're coming this way, you're welcome to stop.

Pa Site Admin

A bare head would be better. His is a mess. That is all he wants replaced, that I know of, on his frame. I appreciate the offer to pop in. Pm or email me your contact number. I'll call a few days before we head that way. Pa

Pa wrote:
We hired him Steve :D Thanks again for the contact !! Pa

How about an update?

Pa Site Admin

I got to get one Bro. I forgot to ask about it. :oops: Pa

Larry's work is impecable but I don't know what all he will take on.
One thing for certain is that there is no BS. If he is not the best man for what you're needing or not set up to do what you need, he'll be straight up about it.
If it's frame repair there's another guy but I'd have to contact him to see if it's okay to give out his info publically.
He builds flattrack frames and has repaired a very rare cylinder for me that was almost beyond hope.
Check Larry and if it doesn't work out, I'll check on the other fellow.
Good luck!

Return to Services Sought