FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Back to square one

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Psycobilly

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Back to square one

Cool !
Last edited by Psycobilly on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Psycobilly

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:32 pm

The Crack is visible in the first pic I posted. I may need to get a clearer shot, but it starts below the openingn and goes around and under the bolt. You can see it if you look. Thanks for the heads up on the alamites. I'll try to get some better shots this weekend.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Duh...........Pa-Simers at it again. Looks like a chain gave out once and clipped the opening or something got dropped on to it. I'd lightly dremel the crack and weld from the outside, without breaking clear through. I'm thinking a qualified welder would agree. The welder, IMO, would patch stake, small areas equally spaced apart, in order to keep the heat down to a minumum. He would then most likely, fill in between the stakes, until the whole length of the crack was fused back together. He may even decide to drill a small hole at each end of the crack before welding it all up, to keep the crack from growing any longer. You still may have to disassemble it so the dirt and lube doesn't contaminate the welding process. Come on welders....am I close ?? Pa
Previous

Return to Servi-Cars