Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Pans Coker tires

Coker tires

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Heard conflicting opinions on Coker tires in the past, would like to put something American made (are they still American made ?)on the '65 Pan, looking at the Coker Classic 1" WW, anybody here useing them ? thanks, Tim
Vintage roadracing, Class C, AHRMA # 335

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 am

Hi Tim, You'll get as many differant opinions about tires as you would about discussing oil.
I've run Cokers on my pan for the past 8k miles and I don't have any complaints about them. I rarely do any prolonged expressway riding though. If that where the case I would probibly choose a differant brand tire.

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanks O-R , just a local rider with this one, we'll give the Coker's a try, Tim

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Are Coker tires made here? I've had good luck with the old style Avons and Continental tires.
VPH-D

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Last I heard Coker's are still American made, also last I heard Continentals are now made in Korea :(

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:17 pm

I stock most of the Coker motorcycle tires and there are a few here that have Made in Taiwan on them. The new S-3 is made in the USA.

Kurt

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm

S-3, as in synthetic WWII tires?
VPH-D

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:19 pm

I take my NOS S 3 tires with the MILITARY brand to my metal polisher. He nicely removes both of them.

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Tim 435
I just put a Continental Mille-Mile tire on the front of my e-glide. So far it's a great tire. I hope it continues to impress me for the life of the tire. I've been a hardcore Avon fan for many years. What was amusing about it was the labeling. The literature said "made in the UK" The invoice said "Product of Canada" on the label it said it said "made in Germany", and on the tire it said "made in Korea" Talk about an identity crisis.
Curt!

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Wow ! sounds like they're trying to secretly push that "one world government" thing on us.. :twisted:

Return to Pans