FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new scoot....

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Dusty-Dave

Post Wed May 28, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: new scoot....

milwaukee belle,
I like it! Suppose I never got over the sixtys when I chopped everything I could get my hands on. I'll pop you a jpeg of one I built for my youngest son last year. Don't think its worth the ration that goes with posting it here.
Dusty
<<

45Brit

Post Thu May 29, 2008 12:34 pm

nothing to do with the original message, but I can't locate the 'milwaukee belle' website? I'm trying to show the frame pics to a friend of mine who is restoring a 45 and is intrigued with the increased ground clearance.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:42 am

I don't have anymore website for the moment .
the WL racing stuff belongs to the past . Sorry .
<<

45Brit

Post Fri May 30, 2008 8:54 am

do you have a copy of the illustration of the stock and racing frames? i want to show it to a friend of mine who is rebuilding a WL frame and has scope to make changes like that
<<

Curt!

Post Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm

Fran6
You are one of the senior members on this board and you deserve a lot of latitude in what you post. Your engineering and fabrication skills are beyond reproach. Even though most of the member here would not ride such a bike, it is without a doubt a wonderful example of imagination and art. I look forward to every one of your projects. Don't hesitate to post each and every one to this board.
Keep up the great work!
Curt!
<<

45Brit

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:03 am

I would agree with that. I would hate to see FHP become 'just another chopper board' with two-thirds of the posts taken up with increasingly extreme variations of the fad of the day, flaming of people whose ideas don't match yours and general bad language, but that doesn't mean that there is no room for a certain amount of things which are off the beaten track. Apart from anything else, the responses give a pretty good idea of what people ARE thinking.

anyway, it's good that there is at least ONE H-D board where it is a 'given' that original parts should best be left as they are or used as they were originally intended to be used...
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:38 am

Remember , Bros :
i belong to the Family-Board !
i have made 300 Kms under the rain last week-end with this one:

not with an évo !

I agree i made some troubles here , posting these damned pics . but excuse-me : I AM CURIOUS . curious about what Bros around think .... ( i'm Sagittarius )
you know what : i really need these comments - even the baddest ones - coz they help me to keep'on goin'ahead .
next job will be different . i promise !

me too : i don't want FHP forum becomes "jut an other chopper board"

Sorry again.
Fran-6
Attachments
dscn0480hp3.jpg
dscn0480hp3.jpg (130.55 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
<<

45Brit

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:30 am

no problem with the pics, it's always interesting to see what people are doing, and how you would define that it's not acceptable to post things like that, without excluding that white Sportster-based one, I don't know, and THAT would be a loss.

The whole 'clone' and custom bike area can stand discussion, I think. Half the posts in the K forum are about 'how original is original, and how original do you need - or want - to be?' and that's a good thing, because it is something that concerns people building these bikes, which are often non-standard or incomplete as found, and were used that way when they were current, and probably ought to be preserved or restored in the same vein

I'd suggest that the white Sportster-based one is DEFINITELY in the spirit of this board, if not the letter; that 'board-track' bikes ( as currently understood in the custom bike field ) probably aren't, but that Hulster one is worth a look because the engine is such an interesting piece of engineering; the green one with the JAP top ends that appeared recently is a mismatched jumble of parts and nothing else; and that replica Excelsior that I saw a while ago on youtube definitely rates the FHP 'Seal of Approval', and so do French Owl's K-model specials.

threads about assorted front wheels, knucklehead hillclimbers with K-model forks, British transmissions in 45s or the thousand-and-one carbs that someone has used at one time or another, are on the right track. That thread about building a panhead from repro parts is what people here want, I think. Extended forks and steering geometry deserves a certain amount of space, because some people do have bikes like that, and there are things that stand airing - such as 'can I safely undo the bodges that have been done in the past?' - but they probably ought to be locked or ditched at the first use of key-words like 'bad-ass', 'kewl', 'rad', 'bitchin' or a whole range of others... I think 'sick' definitely qualifies, and Bros?????????????? dear oh dear..... same as any use of the word 'vans' that doesn't refer to a Ford or Toyota....

I don't know what happened about that Indian Prince post the other day, but I do think that the poster got good advice from several sources, although he didn't seem to agree with what was said; but that doesn't mean he should be rubbished for asking a question which other members don't agree with, which is about what would probably happen in quite a few boards.

FHP is the front-runner in vintage American-bike boards, or at least the biggest and most active, and I think that's because there is a general consensus as to what the board is, and isn't, about, and an overall scope which is sufficiently different to attract a membership and sufficiently inclusive and well-defined to retain it.
<<

George Greer

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:13 am

Fran-6..

Personally, I like this bike better...

What's under the seat??

Fire extinguisher or decon kit??

And where did ya get the water canteen?

Thats just cool looking in my opinion..

George
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:49 am

The bike fits right into this category. Morthodites-"Non Factory"
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

Dear George :
under the seat : fire extinguisher (dead but sooooooooo beautyful ! )
water canteen : From public swapmeet , all first sunday of the month in my village ... :wink:
look what i found in 5/6 years ... i was collecting but now : i have stopped .
Attachments
001.MILITARY STUFF.jpg
...there is not ALL on that pic !
001.MILITARY STUFF.jpg (140.15 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
<<

ohio-rider

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:44 am

Sorry... wrong thread
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 am

OOPS ! :oops:
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:51 am

HEY !
Got the First Prize in "hand-made" catégory , TODAY , in the National Custom Show ( Macon , France ) !!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Congratulations Bro !!!!!! :D Post us a trophy pic OK .... Pa
Previous

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"