FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DownUnder testing PayPal only

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

HurtnDude

Post Tue May 13, 2008 5:54 am

DownUnder testing PayPal only

Boy, did my wife get a charge a out of that news! Would the ebaY brass consider a PayPal only scheme in the USA?
Curious thing...I'd be inclined to quit ebaY altogether, I never liked using PayPal and I quit doing it quite awhile ago.
(It was like smoking cigars; I like it, but I quit.)
I like driving on the Beach in Hatteras, NC, too, but that's a whole another issue.

Damnation, the point is...I am under attack...it's like some kind of commie plot! WTF
<<

Curt!

Post Tue May 13, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: DownUnder testing PayPal only

I read the story, and the Aussies are up in arms about it. It's typical corporate greed. Force your customers to support the companies you own if they want to do business with your popular business. I don't think they will get away with it in the US because of the free enterprise statutes. E-bay takes in excess of 10 % of every transaction when paypal is used. That is a huge cut for no more than they do. I've just about quit selling on e-bay because of that. I still buy there, but the deals aren't what they used to be so I've cut way down on that, too. Craig's List is gaining ground on them every day, so I don't know why they are trying to drive customers away. I guess take the last dollar before they all go away.
Curt!

Return to Dear Blabby