FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The ultimate 45'

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

milwaukee belle

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 am

The ultimate 45'

Hi Bros !
it's been a long time ! but i'm still alive....and nervous !

here is my last transformation .
"nothing new under the sun" ( you can tell ) but i think here is a new way to modify a scoot .

totally pissed-off about the poor wiring , motor , gearbox an braking of my ol'45' : i decided to keep only its lovely shape .

here is the résult :

now , i got a 900 CC modern motor ( and i can hop-it up to 1200 )
now , i got 5 speeds gearbox
now , i got front and rear disc brakes
now , i got rear shocks absorbers
now , i got a 12 volts wiring....with even the flashers ( for Mr Cop's pleasure )....

all this on a regular frame , with regular title ....and a TUV-Approved fork .
this kind of job has yet been done by other guys , but nether - think - in restoration-quality .
here : all has been done just as it has been a true 1941 POLICE model .
the scoot is "full-options" ( there's also a mechanical rear siren on the other side view )

you all know the strong qualities of an evo-sport's ... so ...
ready to hit the road ?

please : don't shout on me . i always am a 45' addicted ....just like you all are , Bros .
but times has come to find a comfortable and strong horse to carry my ol'bones .

Fran-6 ( 49 years old last year :oops: )
Attachments
The Ultimate 45' 007web.jpg
The Ultimate 45' 007web.jpg (123.86 KiB) Viewed 7065 times
The Ultimate 45' 006web.jpg
The Ultimate 45' 006web.jpg (108.06 KiB) Viewed 7060 times
The Ultimate 45' 004web.jpg
The Ultimate 45' 004web.jpg (106 KiB) Viewed 7042 times
<<

45Brit

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:06 am

Re: The ultimate 45'

I saw a very similar bike on ebay some months ago, that was the front end of a bowleg big twin with a custom rear end and a Sportster motor
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:49 am

I have wondered where you have been my friend ! Got a little worried about you. The bike is awesome ! Leave it to Fran-6 to build such a bike ! Old bones ???????? 49 ????????? You young guys kill me ! :lol: Pa

P.S. Fran-6.....You have many new topics to read and comment on. I very much missed your input on the topics.
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:01 am

Sorry , Pa ...
but i have had a lot of work to do last year and it seems i'm gonna do more in this new year ....
i'm really out when i come home , at the end of the day .
the only one thing i think about is
eating...
sleeping ...
and when i wake up the following morning ; it is with fire in the ass : my only one envy is to go back to the workshop ...
<<

amklyde

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 am

The absolute best looking custom Sportster I have ever seen! Nice work Fran-6.
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:27 am

As usual, very nicely done Fran6.
Curt!
<<

MarkBranst

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Fran-6,

Absolutely gorgeous ... You better be careful, or else somebody at the Company might be copying your design (if only they were that smart!). How about a picture of the left side of the bike?

Mark
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:22 pm

the left side pic will come as soon as i got the brand new battery + all braking lines ( once installed : i will install the left scabbard ) :wink:

Mark : you said "else somebody at the Company might be copying your design "....
but .... I have copyed the 1941 company's design :D !!
Last edited by milwaukee belle on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Curt!

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Here's Harley's newest offering in the "custom" Field..... http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Cont ... cale=en_US

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080121/aqm067.html?.v=31

I'm not sure I understand the word custom anymore. It used to mean to take a factory item and modify it, or customize it, to fit one's personal taste. So, when the factory turns out 1200 pieces of an item, can they still refer to it as a custom?

These Darkhorse designs are the most appealing bikes I've seen from HD in a while.
Curt!
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 am

Well ..
i have seen your links and i am quiet .
the factory just begin to put a foot in a field i dip since years .
when i see all the bikes : i see nothing else than usual harleys ...with some differences here and there .

they JUST DISCOVERED LAST YEAR the matt black is the biker's most loved color :lol: !!!!!

the day the factory will introduce a real VINTAGE ANNIVERSARY MODEL ( just like mine , and not like they did with the ugly springer softail ) : this day , i will worry .
<<

Curt!

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 am

Fran6
I wasn't trying to imply that the factory was doing a better job of design that you are. I merely put the links up so everybody could see the factory's newest attempt at a custom motorcycle. I, and I'm sure most of the people on this board, would much prefer to be aboard your customized Ultimate 45. They have put out a textured flat black paint job this year. I have a friend who's son bought a low rider with this paint job. It seems people are pretty leery that the paint will hold up, so the factory is including a 5 year warranty on the paint.
When I was at the dealer last week, they had a Sportster with a bobbed front fender and rubber accordion fork boots, 16" spoked rear wheel, 21" front. The paint scheme was flat OD green and black 2 tone. It was a very striking motorcycle.
Curt!
<<

milwaukee belle

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:24 pm

The scoot you're talkin'about is the NIGHSTER .
i think the best thing harley made these last years . a Sportsters !
ask Eric what he's thinkin' about this little marvel :wink: he just bought one ! the SAME color you said . :wink:
<<

thefrenchowl

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Perso, j'préfère les originaux ou vielles "spéciales" aux erzatz. J'aime bien ton boulot sur les vielles, beaucoup d'idées dans tes réalisations... Par contre, cet Evo, ça n'm'emballe pas du tout... L'moteur jure trop!!! Remplaces le par un vieux Waffle Iron...

Quand au Nightster, au secours!!!

Patrick
<<

Curt!

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 am

Patrick
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Curt!
<<

Chris Haynes

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 am

thefrenchowl wrote:Perso, j'préfère les originaux ou vielles "spéciales" aux erzatz. J'aime bien ton boulot sur les vielles, beaucoup d'idées dans tes réalisations... Par contre, cet Evo, ça n'm'emballe pas du tout... L'moteur jure trop!!! Remplaces le par un vieux Waffle Iron...

Quand au Nightster, au secours!!!

Patrick

Which translates to;
Perso, I prefer the eccentrics or "special" hurdy-gurdies in erzatz. I like well your work on hurdy-gurdies, a lot of ideas in your achievements... On the contrary, this Evo, this wraps me in no way... The motor swears too much!!! Replace with an old Waffle Iron...

When in Nightster, in assistance!!!

So now the question is. What is a hurdy-gurdies?
<<

thefrenchowl

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Chris:""What is a hurdy-gurdies?""

...No idea at all... As for "erzatz", I don't know if you use this word in English, means a "copy" in french, Bugatti used the name "Tecla" to the same effect... Tecla sounds nicer, derived from the name of some cultured pearls in the 20's, i.e. "not quite the real thing"...

I was just telling Milwaukee Belle that I did not like one bit this Evo thingie... They should ban AutoCAD, it destroys personnality (both draftman AND object...) if you don't know how to make it do what you want... I battle with mine, but my parts look good...

Patrick
<<

MarkBranst

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Whichever translation program you are using, "hurdy-gurdy" has nothing to do with nothing ... It's a medieval stringed instrument that operates with a crank, creating a background drone note sort of like a bagpipe drone ...

And "ersatz" is a good American word - probably Yiddish/German - meaning fake or substitute, as in "ersatz" coffee in the depression made of roasted barley (Postum) or chickory.
<<

thefrenchowl

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 pm

I see it now, I've written vielles (medieval "violin" with a crank in French) for vieilles (old)...
<<

Pooka

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:28 pm

Thought , imagintion, dependability, style. Looks like a class act to me. 8)
I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT.........
CARPE DIEM
<<

Curt!

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:44 pm

We sure do go off on some strange tangents on here during the slow winter months. Most amusing.....
Curt!
Next

Return to Morthodites-"Non Factory"