FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A plee From Fellow Bikers

Moderators: Curt!, Pa

<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:21 pm

Jim...Mike......Everyone........ The urn is the result of all involved. Without their donations, skills, labor, and most of all, HEART, the urn wouldn't look half as good as it does. And yes........this urn is definately a one of a kind. It sure came out real purty !! I have to admit I am proud of it. But my pride is in the folks who participated. I am proud of those who tried to participate as well. I am proud of the extra mile folks went in their skills and labor. I am proud of those folks who tried to participate. I am proud of those folks who presented ideas and solved issues concerning the engineering. In the beginning when we were gathering parts together, I received commitments on parts and labor donations from dozens of others. This was beside the donations that had been already promissed. I had to turn down those donations because the parts and labor were already donated. But most of all.........I am proud of the Brotherhood of bikers and common individuals who all came together to make this urn project a reality. This urn project placed us all on common ground, setting aside our differences, and bonded us all into one solid Heart. This truely makes me proud. :D

I finished up the interior crating today. The urn is all packed up and awaiting an exterior of cardboard to be applied to the crates outer surfaces. Once I get that task done, I will weigh it and seek a shipper. I'll keep you all posted. Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:51 pm

Got the urn all crated up ! Spent a major portion of Friday speaking with possible shippers. After a considerable amount of discussions with all of them. I chose DHL to deliver it. They will pick it up on Thursday of next week. ETA is approximately 4 days from then, minus the weekend. Pa
<<

hplhd1

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:01 am

it does my heart so good to see those pics and read your words pa. thanks to all for brighting up my day.
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Urn is on its way !! :D ETA for the present is 04/25/07. Actual delivery date may be updated as it makes its journey. Was kind of a sad moment as the truck drove away but the moment quickly brightened as I pictured Mimi and JC uncrating it soon. Would love to be a mouse in their house when they do !! :lol: Pa
<<

100incscoot

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:54 pm

got the disc today in the mail pa thanx again
<<

Curt!

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:05 pm

gee, and I thought I was "special" :lol: Thanks for the disk. mine and Chet's arrived yesterday.
Thanks, pa!!!!!!!!!
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:48 am

My frisbi skills are lacking now a days so I had to resort to usps. :lol: Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:45 am

ETA has been updated to tomorrow. :D Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:33 am

Great News !!!! :D The urn has arrived at its destination with Mimi and JC. :D It arrived safe and sound, as DHL promised, one day earlier than quoted. Mimi and JC called me when it showed up at their home but Kat and I were away. We called them back as soon as we learned of the call. They had just finished the uncrating and were in the middle of total shock, over the appearance of the urn. :wink: Happy, pleased, over whelmed, delighted, all choked up, tickle pink, excited, tearful, don’t even come close to describing, the feelings they were experiencing, over what they were beholding before them. JC , WHILE ALL CHOKED UP...said.... Brady would now be in company with the greatest of spirits, "meaning"..." all of you folks", the spirits you all put into this project. "Your personal spirits" I didn’t want to spoil anymore of their present passionate and emotional time together, so I gracefully bowed out of anymore of the telephone conversation and told them I would give them a jingle in a few days or so.

This just abouts ends the seemingly long story of the urn, that once was, and now is. :( I have had the extreme pleasure, of being a part of this humanitarian project, with some of the best folks, one could ever know. :D What you generous, gracious, and giving folks helped materialize, more than accomplished, exactly what was set out to accomplish !! A true sense of closure has now been granted to the bereaved parents of an only child, BRADY.....
I wish to extend my humble gratitude to all of you. Thank you !!!! I wish all the inhabitants of our planet were just like you all !!!! What A Wonderful World This Would Be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hold you all in the greatest level of high respect and I am proud to call you BROTHERS !!!!!!!!
Once again............Thank You !!! Pa
<<

hplhd1

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:02 am

a beautiful ending.
<<

Curt!

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:34 am

Very touching epilogue, pa. Brought a tear to my eye. In light of all the bad things that have happened in my life over the past year this will shine as something to look to when I need cheering up. I have gotten e-mails from people that read the thread after seeing the pix on the VAM website who were very moved by the trials and tribulations we traveled through to make this a reality. Again, Thank You for allowing me to take part.
Curt!
<<

indianut

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks for the disc! It was my pleasure to help in my small way.
<<

47knuck

Post Thu May 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Pa: Just knowing someone would take this as far as you have and as nice as the work is. I am very impressed with the heart and passion of all who made this happen. Just watching the project on the site has made it clear that the folks involved with "bike" culture are still the best to be around. Thanks.
Steve H
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Fri May 04, 2007 4:19 pm

Without all of you, this project would have still been in its' beginning stages. It is so good to hear that it is influencing others as well. :D May it live on, as a reminder for those who follow us in the future, as to how folks like ourselves, can come together as one, in harmony, for our fellow mankind.

Sure puts a dent in Hollywoods perception of us....Don't it Steve ? :wink: :lol: :lol:
<<

47knuck

Post Tue May 08, 2007 8:44 am

HollyWood? All I can say about that is the girls look good. Movies are for escape. They would have no idea what or who we are. Lets face it my life would make a booring movie. Work, family, friends and learning. The stuff of high drama. Not. :lol:
Steve H
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Wed May 09, 2007 9:06 pm

10-4 !!! Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:36 am

Re: A plee From Fellow Bikers

Thought this topic was over but I received some photos of the Urn in its final resting place. As soon as I figure out how to use the new pic posting tools, I'll post them. Pics are old instant polaroid camera shots so the quality is not so good. Only camera Mimi and JC have. Pa
<<

Curt!

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:01 am

pa
I still have the Brady Urn album up on the vAM website. If you want to send them out, I'll post 'em over there.
Curt!
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:29 pm

I'll post them here first Curt but I'll also send them over to you. By the way Bro..........Many thanks for putting the urn project up on VAM ! Pa
<<

Pa

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:08 am

Can you believe it !! I miss placed the envelope the pics are in. I chatted with Mimi and JC late last night and they are mailing me some more. Should have them within a week. If I locate the first ones before then, I'll post them. Sorry for my blunder. Pa
PreviousNext

Return to General Whatever-Technical